Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTF

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    We lived in Mesa, AZ back in the 80's. We sold a vehicle to a person through a private transaction. In AZ at the time, the tags went with the vehicle and it was the buyer's responsibility to transfer them. Sometime after the tags expired, we got a notice from the state saying that our vehicle had been found abandoned near Sky Harbor and that we owed the cost of towing and storage for the vehicle as well as for renewal of the outdated registration. I had to prove to them that we had sold it over a year previous by showing them the bill of sale. We sure were glad that that "little piece of paper" didn't get lost or we would have had to pay quite a few green rectangles for that episode!
    The AZ DOT now has an online site in which you post a "sold vehicle" notice when you sell. Prevents that type of thing from happening.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    The DMV can be awesome if you use common sense and SET AN APPOINTMENT in advance! Sure you may not get an appt for a few days to a couple of weeks but hell that beats going there and waiting around for hours and then bitching about it.... Poor planning on a persons' part does make it an emergency on theirs!
    I had a 12:30 appt today, got there 15mins early, checked in, waited all of 2 mins, got called and was done by the time my 12:30 appt time rolled around!
    Not poor planning on anyones part.. here in bakersfield first available apt. with in 50 miles was 1 month out... you may want to wait a month to ride something you worked on for a month. I however did not..

Plus I planned my DMV trip.. showed up 45 min. Before opening. With coffee and a book on tape. With all my required paperwork to include insurance , vin ck. Brake and light.

My complaint was being charged a penalty on something I felt I wasn't involved with and the fact that I had to wait in line again either to fix or to pay since I only brought a grand with me.

So wasn't BITCHING about MY INITIAL WAIT. I was Stateing a fact that I had done my due diligence. Ok. I just reread my initial thread, I guess I was a little colorful talking about the person that helped me. But she did have a little smirk and didnt seem to want to even consider other options.

I was only looking for advice on the licensing situation,. Not the DMV. Which is an issue in most states

But really. DMV can be awesome......what. words escape me.

I have gotten a lot of great advice here and some snarky comments that I can appreciate and even laugh at. But...

You know I retyped a few different comments... but maybe you just had a bad day...so hope you feel better.

Phil
    Bakersfield
    Last edited by Philrs; 04-23-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Philrs View Post
    Not poor planning on anyones part.. here in bakersfield first available apt. with in 50 miles was 1 month out... you may want to wait a month to ride something you worked on for a month. I however did not..

Plus I planned my DMV trip.. showed up 45 min. Before opening. With coffee and a book on tape. With all my required paperwork to include insurance , vin ck. Brake and light.

My complaint was being charged a penalty on something I felt I wasn't involved with and the fact that I had to wait in line again either to fix or to pay since I only brought a grand with me.

So wasn't BITCHING about MY INITIAL WAIT. I was Stateing a fact that I had done my due diligence. Ok. I just reread my initial thread, I guess I was a little colorful talking about the person that helped me. But she did have a little smirk and didnt seem to want to even consider other options.

I was only looking for advice on the licensing situation,. Not the DMV. Which is an issue in most states

But really. DMV can be awesome......what. words escape me.

I have gotten a lot of great advice here and some snarky comments that I can appreciate and even laugh at. But...

You know I retyped a few different comments... but maybe you just had a bad day...so hope you feel better.

Phil
    Bakersfield
    My post wasn't directed at you. It was meant for the ones talking **** about the DMV in general here in Cali. I know things can be different for remote locations when there are less offices/choices. But in the end it all comes down to how bad you need it done and how soon that will determine your wait....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I guess I'm just a simple minded person. But, just don't understand how and why any state can tax and fine a person for doing nothing. In other words, if I buy a motor vehicle and put it in storage for 5 - 10 years. (Time length doesn't matter.) Why would the government be concerned about why I did that. When it comes time for me to decide to use said vehicle, I go to the DMV and go through the appropriate steps to get it licensed and registered. Why would they care that I didn't use it for the time in storage.....? After all, most states use the vehicle registration fees to pay for roads, and a storage vehicle doesn't use the roads. If I don't use the roads or drive a vehicle, (doing nothing) why should I be fined.....?
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Because state and local governments are going broke, can't print their own money, and can't jack up taxes without significant voter backlash. So they get it with fines and fees and the power of the bureaucracy.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I like the way it is set up in Michigan, if you leave it unlicensed until after the renewal date, there is a flat $15.00 charge. That doesn't matter if it is a month or 10 years, that flat rate applies.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue