Spyder Garage

Default Seal Floorboards for 2008-2010 GS/RS

Bought my wife a 2008 GS, and she can't stand the skinny foot pegs having learned to ryde on our 2016 RTS. I got the Seal boards and installed, they were comfy as get out but her being 5'0" she can't handle having to lift her leg and use the new brake extension pedal. Requires her to keep her leg lifted and adjust pressure. She wound up hard braking, bunny hopping and such. Being so short she can't use the heel method like I can with my long legs (John demonstrates this on his site). I ended up putting on small boards, where she can keep her heel rested on the board and use her toes to brake. I am 6'5" and love the Seal Floorboards, rest my toes up forward on the boards stretching out my legs and using my heel to brake. But... It's her bike not mine I thought about the mods that saw on this site, adding the large brake pedal, etc. but those would just make the problem worse.

So I am selling the set at a loss. Used for about 3 weeks. I did have to file a hole on the brake extension to mount to the brake pedal, John is aware and is checking his supplier. You put it all together with all bolts very loose, then tighten everything up. Please take a look at John's website for more info. The brake extension is a 3/16" thick sheet, easy to get used to using heel method.

If you are tall, these are wonderful! Selling for $350 shipped ($200 off). Will consider trade for aftermarket seat w/backrest that will fit 2008 -2010 RS/GS. Or a cat-bypass / muffler for a 2016 RT 1330. I should have packed up in a week, moving slow after my hip replacement

Send a pm!

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I sent you a PM.