Thread: Grease Job.

Spyder Garage

Default Grease Job.

2011 Roadster RT SM5. I've just repaired the clutch slave cylinder, changed oil, and bled the brake fluid on three wheels. I saw at least eight grease fittings while crawling around under the machine. So what's your policy regarding grease jobs? Each year or every oil change or perhaps more often?

Anyone have a diagram showing all the grease points?
    Last edited by daz; 04-17-2018 at 04:43 PM.
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Only fittings on it should be on the control arms. i'd grease them every 10/12,000 miles.

Spyder Garage

lots of good ideas here. I put 45* fittings on mine to make it easier to reach them. Spects are every 12000 miles

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rease-Fittings

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    2011 Roadster RT SM5. I've just repaired the clutch slave cylinder, changed oil, and bled the brake fluid on three wheels. I saw at least eight grease fittings while crawling around under the machine. So what's your policy regarding grease jobs? Each year or every oil change or perhaps more often?

Anyone have a diagram showing all the grease points?
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    lots of good ideas here. I put 45* fittings on mine to make it easier to reach them. Spects are every 12000 miles

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rease-Fittings
    The lubricate frequency for the front suspension arms was one of the few items that was changed to be done MORE often, when the new maintenance schedule was sent out in 2012. The new spec is every 9300 miles or annually, whichever comes first. And yes, 45* fittings make it a 10 minute job.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

I tried this weekend to grease mine while it was up on the ramps, but I think I am going to wait till it's on the jack so that the a=arms are hanging down! I started on the hard side and that top back fitting is a buga.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I remove the frunk to grease mine. I do it every spring. This also gives me a chance to look things over.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    I remove the frunk to grease mine. I do it every spring. This also gives me a chance to look things over.
    That is the only way I have been able to get to the inner fittings too. Glad to hear someone else does it the same way.

Spyder Garage

I removed the frunk on our to swap out for 45' and 90' fitting. I decided which ones based on the location and where I though I could get at it with the grease gun without having to pull the frunk off.

And yes, they are easier to grease off the ground, with the A Arms hanging. Also, make sure there is enough room for the grease to get in there. You might have to back them out a bit.

Some of mine were ran in so far, they were up against the bushing and couldn't get any grease in them. This is one of the reasons I replaced mine in the first place.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

What grease is everyone using?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black