Spyder Garage

Default A SLAP ON THE WRIST

This LEO went way outside the boundaries of good law enforcement. I personally would have scared to death if this guy pulled me over.

http://ride-ct.com/detective-suspend...tesy-to-biker/
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A black eye for all of the Good Officers as well...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

A little quick with the gun...but based on all the interaction I have seen on cop shows (Cops, Live PD), the police just never know what they are going to encounter when they make a stop.

The officer in question--was "off," considering the circumstances that unfolded.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    A black eye for all of the Good Officers as well...
    There are always some bad apples in any segment of society. Thankfully, most officers are nothing like this guy. In other words they are professionals, and do the job in that manner. Lord knows, it's gotta be hard sometimes.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Police serve and protect themselves. I hate the fact that everything the Police do is justified based on "officer safety". If they are that scared, then need to find another line of work. I am sure the officer was terrified in this situation as well to justify taking this woman's face off with a body slam face first into concrete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7e5zJUUfeA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    . I am sure the officer was terrified in this situation as well to justify taking this woman's face off with a body slam face first into concrete.
    What video were you watching? She caught herself with her right forearm, and was trying to get up...
    Please try and remember: no matter how much you hate them (and you sure seem to!): they'll still come running to protect you and your family!

Spyder Garage

What the heck did this mean
    IMG_2968.jpg

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What video were you watching? She caught herself with her right forearm, and was trying to get up...
    Please try and remember: no matter how much you hate them (and you sure seem to!): they'll still come running to protect you and your family!
    I love how some people jump to terms such as "you hate the Police" "your a cop basher". I want the Police to be accountable, but as long as they "investigate" themselves, the system is broken. Yep she was lucky enough to just get part of her arm down so her face was not total bashed in. Guess that's all that counts. Maybe you can explain that to your wife, daughter or son when it happens to them. "well if a cop decides to face plant you, make sure you get your arm down before you hit the concrete, well that's if your not handcuffed first".
    Last edited by Tazzel; 04-17-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have an old friend who is a federal court judge, and he sat on the CCRB (Civilian Complaint Review Board) for 25 years in NYC. This is where civilians lodge complaints against officers, who are then investigated by the CCRB to determine if action against an officer is warranted. That may not be the case in other cities, but in NYC, other than Internal Affairs cases, the police do not investigate themselves.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    I love how some people jump to terms such as "you hate the Police" "your a cop basher". I want the Police to be accountable, but as long as they "investigate" themselves, the system is broken. Yep she was lucky enough to just get part of her arm down so her face was not total bashed in. Guess that's all that counts. Maybe you can explain that to your wife, daughter or son when it happens to them. "well if a cop decides to face plant you, make sure you get your arm down before you hit the concrete, well that's if your not handcuffed first".
    My Family knows enough to respond to any Law Enforcement requests quickly, and politely.
    I'll bet that there's a great story behind your animus...

Spyder Garage

She didn't catch herself with her right forearm. It's all in the left wrist being grabbed by the cop. It's a self defense move I learned. You grab a wrist and you own them.

I honestly don't know who they were trying to save the good citizens from. A scantily clad lady in high heels?
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

I support the police, I know they have a hard job to do, and do not believe the behavior in these two videos is typical. Having said that, the behavior shown in these two videos -- involving citizens who were clearly UNARMED, was outrageous. There was no call for drawing the gun on the motorcyclist at all. Whether the motorcyclist had been reckless driving or not, **he wasn't being reckless while he was stopped at a stop light**. Even then, I could understand the cop walking up to him with one hand at the ready on the gun, but starting out by pointing it at him and cursing at him and with no badge being displayed ... that's inexcusable. In the second video, the woman did absolutely nothing to justify that bodyslam. She was not attacking the officer. The worst you can say is that she was slowly backing away from the officer. Okay, you need to arrest her, I get that -- but why then did he not slap cuffs on her one hand? And there are two officers, not just one. If #1 was unable to carry out the arrest of an unarmed slender woman in high heels, why not call in #2? Like I said, I support the police but save the violence for offenders who are violent or who could be armed. These two do put a black eye on all the good police.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    What the heck did this mean
    IMG_2968.jpg
    Triggering, trigger point, it's something that basically sets someone off. A cop behaving harshly, animal or human abuse, just about anything can be a trigger.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

if someone were to come up to me with a gun pointed like that i would expect to be robbed. the
    cop should be fired, i don't trust him in any way.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    I honestly don't know who they were trying to save the good citizens from. A scantily clad lady in high heels?
    We don't know what was said between them...
    It doesn't seem that her actions before the take-down were a significant factor.