Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    Seems the common denominator in these threads, is that it is mostly the same posters! As the US is a close and friendly neighbor of Canada, I find it very disturbing how divided you guys are these days, I think it is the worst I have seen in my lifetime.The world needs you United, not divided.JMHO.
    d

Half of the USA population are nitwits. I don't have to tell you which half.

I was in Western Canada in 1955. Should have stayed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    d

Half of the USA population are nitwits.
    Your number severely undercounts the correct population of nitwits. It's more like 99.9%. Everything in America now has to be dumbed down to strictly black and white, totally evil or totally good, all members of the [insert name of political party here] are stupid idiots, there is no middle ground to anything, and if you try to say something is complicated, has a gray area or merits compromise, you are just a [insert uncreative insulting name here]. You want proof? Read the comments on any given story on Fox News and then read the comments on any given story on Reddit. There is no shortage of idiots on either side of the political spectrum. When phones got smart, people got dumb.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Regarding all of this fantasy action drama that so many seem to play out in their minds of defending the country against the evil government with their meager stash of weapons. And yes, it may be formidable to you or the average Joe, but to the army and the resources at their disposal, it won't amount to a pimple on a flea's a$$.

The greatest weapon against a corrupt government is the faithful execution of your right to vote! Educate yourself on the issues! Get your information from more than one source! Use your brain to discern if what you are being told is real or fake! Don't be misled by a red herring or a wedge issue! Vote your best interests! This will require a sizable amount of time and effort but that is part of the cost of citizenship!

Don't vote for a candidate based solely on his or her party! Just because your parents or friends voted for Joe Shmoe doesn't mean you have to! Same goes for a particular political party! Support the candidate who has a track record of honesty and good judgement and who will do the most good for you and/or your family!

Democracy requires participation. Dereliction of your duties to support a free, fair and vibrant democracy could very well allow the government you like to rail about come to power.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

If the libie left is so righteous, why are they the ones that start the childish name calling?
    Oh, and let's not forget rioting if someone tries to speak that the tolerant libie left disagrees with.
    and of course who can forget that tolerant, peace loving group, antifa.
    what a wonderful, tolerant, understanding, group the libie left is.
    oh, and let's not forget the constant calling for the death of the present President, or holding up of a blooded head of the President.
    Can you imagine if any of this disrespect towards the President occurred a few years ago, my my my.
    Last edited by vided; 04-21-2018 at 07:21 AM.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    Regarding all of this fantasy action drama that so many seem to play out in their minds of defending the country against the evil government with their meager stash of weapons. And yes, it may be formidable to you or the average Joe, but to the army and the resources at their disposal, it won't amount to a pimple on a flea's a$$.
    The greatest weapon against a corrupt government is the faithful execution of your right to vote! Educate yourself on the issues! Get your information from more than one source! Use your brain to discern if what you are being told is real or fake! Don't be misled by a red herring or a wedge issue! Vote your best interests! This will require a sizable amount of time and effort but that is part of the cost of citizenship!

Don't vote for a candidate based solely on his or her party! Just because your parents or friends voted for Joe Shmoe doesn't mean you have to! Same goes for a particular political party! Support the candidate who has a track record of honesty and good judgement and who will do the most good for you and/or your family!

Democracy requires participation. Dereliction of your duties to support a free, fair and vibrant democracy could very well allow the government you like to rail about come to power.
    "Democracy requires participation." Absolutely correct, but the record shows a severe lack of participation, especially in off-year elections. Most of the populace votes only in presidential election years.
    Until we can fix this, we need term limits for ALL politicians, not just the POTUS.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    boy i'm mad at everyone today, i'm going snowflake!!
    Don't forget your meds and go to your safe space.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

d

does that 50% follow through to spyder owners?

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    If the libie left is so righteous, why are they the ones that start the childish name calling?
    Oh, and let's not forget rioting if someone tries to speak that the tolerant libie left disagrees with.
    oh, and let's not forget the constant calling for the death of the present President, or holding up of a blooded head of the President.
    Can you imagine if any of this disrespect towards the President occurred a few years ago, my my my.

Looked in a mirror lately? By the way, our current President sounds like a fifth grade school yard bully.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    Looked in a mirror lately? By the way, our current President sounds like a fifth grade school yard bully.

but can you deny any of my original post?

committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know any of those libie-lefties so I'll have to take your word for it. They sure do sound awful though.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I wouldn't. I didn't. I just said it's ridiculous to think that you and your 2nd amendment compatriots could ever stand against this government if it came for you (which it won't anyway, but that's another argument). .
    You fight the fights that you must: regardless of what the outcome may be.
    And since you're obviously unwilling to fight for what our Founding Fathers thought was important: I fell sorry for you.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

And since you're obviously unwilling to fight for what our Founding Fathers thought was important: I fell sorry for you.
    Well, that's a fight that is never going to happen, so it's more than a little disingenuous to beat your chest at the prospect of fighting it.

10 years US Navy & Vietnam Combat Vet; what part of that shows unwillingness to stand up for what my country asks of me?

Bob, YOU owe ME an apology, I think. There's no justification for that kind of slander.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 04-21-2018 at 07:09 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

In your 2nd sentence, do you mean physically fight, or do you mean by words to back the 2nd amendment? If you do mean by words, aren't you infringing on someone's 1st amendment rights?

As far as I'm concerned, you can possess all the legal firearms you want.
    Last edited by wyliec; 04-21-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, that's a fight that is never going to happen, so it's more than a little disingenuous to beat your chest at the prospect of fighting it.

10 years US Navy & Vietnam Combat Vet; what part of that shows unwillingness to stand up for what my country asks of me?

Bob, YOU owe ME an apology, I think. There's no justification for that kind of slander.
    I think it's interesting Pete that you have a self confessed draft avoider accusing you,a veteran, of refusing to
    stand up for "what our forefathers thought was important". I'm not sure what he means by that. It certainly appears he doesn't mean you have a right to your opinion and the right to express that opinion since it doesn't agree with his.
    Thanks for your service Bob. Sometimes it doesn't feel like it was worth it when we have to put up with crap that this. Semper Fi! Vietnam, 1965-"66.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The Founding Fathers were most concerned with a domestic insurrection (Patriots vs British + Hessions) and the colonies divided (Loyalists vs revolutionists). They were fighting the greatest army in the world with an amateur group of part-time "military". The only advantage they had was that the foreign army was fighting 3,000 miles away from their homeland.

That is why there is such language in those documents and why they fought. They bear no relation to our government today. Nor should any American currently be at war with his/her own government.

Spyder Garage

Probably no one responded because your post is so absurd. Do you not recall them all the references to "N o b a m a" and a million other variations, many of which referred (and still do) to his race, or the references to the former First Lady as a chimp? Then there are the constant references to "libtards." Sheesh. The current fav is "Killary." It works both ways, friend. That's why I already said 99.9% of the country are nitwits. If you can't find enough derogatory name-calling at Democrats, you aren't reading enough comments on Fox News.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Probably no one responded because your post is so absurd. Do you not recall them all the references to "N o b a m a" and a million other variations, many of which referred (and still do) to his race, or the references to the former First Lady as a chimp? Then there are the constant references to "libtards." Sheesh. The current fav is "Killary." It works both ways, friend. That's why I already said 99.9% of the country are nitwits. If you can't find enough derogatory name-calling at Democrats, you aren't reading enough comments on Fox News.

You are so right.
    those pictures of conservatives breaking store windows, burning police cars, and blocking traffic are just deplorable, my friend

committee for postings

Spyder Garage

You are so right.
    those pictures of conservatives breaking store windows, burning police cars, and blocking traffic are just deplorable, my friend

This is what I don't understand. To vote you have to register to a political party, and it seems that you think that a person registered to a certain political party share all the same political views and values, and you lump them altogether. I don't even remember what party I registered to during our last move of address. I don't vote across any specific party line. I listen to what a candidate has to say, and how many times he speaks of the other candidates failings to bolster his/her image; in other words, if you have to cut someone down, you don't have much value.

So, now I wonder how do you know what political party those blockheads breaking windows belonged to?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I find it funny that you'll "wrap yourself in the Flag" and thump your chest; while at the same time you forget about the principles that make this Country so great.
    When you try and hide your personal feelings behind a disingenuous argument about the legitimacy of what our Great Founding Fathers wrote: I can guarantee you that there will be no apology coming.

And T.D. "self confessed "Draft avoider": really??
    I avoided nothing: I was taken out of the fight by an unfortunate set of genetics...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 04-22-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Spyder Garage

I find it funny that you'll "wrap yourself in the Flag" and thump your chest; while at the same time you forget about the principles that make this Country so great.
    When you try and hide your personal feelings behind a disingenuous argument about the legitimacy of what our Great Founding Fathers wrote: I can guarantee you that there will be no apology coming.

And T.D. "self confessed "Draft avoider": really??
    I avoided nothing: I was taken out of the fight be genetics...

What makes our country great are all our freedom of choices and expressions. Bob, based on your quote of Utah's post, I'm trying to figure out the 'disingenuous argument' or was it in another post.

I think I see it. You are referring to what the Founding Fathers wrote in regards to the 2nd amendment. So, is that where you are butting heads, in the interpretation?
    Last edited by wyliec; 04-22-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Supreme Court "interpreted" it in 2006.
    Rather than say that he disagrees with the idea of qualified citizens owning firearms: he continues to question the legitimacy of the Amendment.
    He is simply fishing "too far upstream".

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    This is what I don't understand. To vote you have to register to a political party, and it seems that you think that a person registered to a certain political party share all the same political views and values, and you lump them altogether. I don't even remember what party I registered to during our last move of address. I don't vote across any specific party line. I listen to what a candidate has to say, and how many times he speaks of the other candidates failings to bolster his/her image; in other words, if you have to cut someone down, you don't have much value.

So, now I wonder how do you know what political party those blockheads breaking windows belonged to?

you do not have to register to a political party to vote. if you don't register to a party it prevents you from voting in the primaries (in nys).
    but you can vote in the general election.

committee for postings

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

d

NOT TOO LATE TO GO BACK U KNOW..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I find it funny that you'll "wrap yourself in the Flag" and thump your chest; while at the same time you forget about the principles that make this Country so great. When you try and hide your personal feelings behind a disingenuous argument about the legitimacy of what our Great Founding Fathers wrote: I can guarantee you that there will be no apology coming. ..
    Well Bob I'm disappointed in you. I thought you were better than that.
    2014 RTL Platinum