Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deadwood

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    get your reservations in as soon as you decide to take the plunge, things tend to fill up quickly this time on year...
    I was going to say Nice Lookin Spyder but then saw you got a new one...
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    I was going to say Nice Lookin Spyder but then saw you got a new one...
    I need to update my pic, just haven’t got to it yet. Maybe this weekend. Thinking of taking a ride to Devils Tower. That pic was taken on O’Neal pass.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

New rider and debated about going, torn between sheer volume, but I imagine the tourist population is generally high all summer long. Will be curious as to those which have gone to rally and those who have been there on their own, which one they preferred.
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Sorry, as a 66 year old I saw the thread title and thought this was about dead wood.......
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Docster View Post
    Sorry, as a 66 year old I saw the thread title and thought this was about dead wood.......
    That's how the town got it's name, from all the dead wood in the area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    New rider and debated about going, torn between sheer volume, but I imagine the tourist population is generally high all summer long. Will be curious as to those which have gone to rally and those who have been there on their own, which one they preferred.
    As a group--it's all about the camaraderie. Meeting new friends--with the same likes ( ). Meeting up, socializing. Large group rides--not so much. When I ride with a group, I want to know the people and their riding skills. A group is only as strong as its weakest link.

A group of three hundred plus three wheelers--is a "nothing" compared to the half million plus people for the Sturgis rally. Been there during rally time. Way to much crowds for me--and they are not my "style" anyway.

Summer is the best time to see the Black Hills and surrounding area. Never been disappointed, and been there at least ten times. Going back once I get back to the lower 48.

Been there in early May and experienced snow up in the hills. Beautiful to look at--but I cancelled my Spyder rentals because of the cold and ice.

I would say...go for it.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-07-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    as a new rider I think this is a rally you would enjoy. It is geared towards 3 wheelers,which may be a help to you. It is small only 3-400 people. unless you go in the spring or fall you will always run into tourist traffic.It will be a great opportunity to meet lots of people who are also on 3 wheels and get some tips and maybe new ideas. I am going and really getting excited about it.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brass-monky View Post
    That's how the town got it's name, from all the dead wood in the area.

This thread could take on a whole new meaning.... I’ll just say there’s meds for that and leave it alone.
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

My side kick Camille and I will be there. First time was 1967 on my BSA 441 for Sturgis Rally/Hillclimb. Most trips were on Harleys. 25+ times and we are still going back. Some of the Sturgis crowd will be already gathering early to avoid the crowds. Always fun in the area. We are staying in our RV at Days of 76 RV campground. (at the Rodeo Arena)

Jack
    uncle Jack, say it ain't so; where me meeting for a drink?

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for letting me know

Thanks for letting me know about the Deadwood rally as I just made our reservation today for the 10th-15th. We'll be trailering from Tucson and we're really excited about experiencing this part of the country.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood

4 weeks out to leave for Deadwood and I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas. Spent 5 months out there 3 years ago and have been wanting to ride the Black Hills again.
    Sounds like a good turn out this year but that country is so big it will swallow 4 hundred riders up in no time. Don't care for the group rides but looking forward to meeting new people and making some new friends.
    Beartooth Pass Ride 049.jpg Big Hairpins.jpg Custer State Park 003.jpg Custer State Park 035.jpg Custer State Park 034.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default Great time

My wife and daughter rode down to the first deadwood three wheeler rally. Had a blast on her 2015 RT limited. I went with for the 2nd one on a F3 limited Demo. We had a great time. We only live 250 miles north in ND so we go to the hills often. We missed last years we couldn’t make it. But we are registered for this year I finally bought a 2016 F3 limited ( red) and she is finalizing her deal today on a 2018 RT (Oxford blue) we can’t wait to meet you all. And welcome to all that it’s your first rally in Deadwood. If you’re still on the edge of deciding to go HEY LETS RIDE!!!
    2016 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood Participation as of 6/20/18

From the 3-Wheeler Rally Facebook Page.

I'd be real interested in who's going from AZ.

Rob

Deadwood Participation as of 062018.jpg
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

About half a dozen going from our group in Michigan. First time there on a bike. Was going to go last year, but when I noticed that it was going to be 95-100 all week decided it wasn't smart going after having had a stroke back 15 years ago. Don't need heat stroke also. Hoping for cooler weather this year, and got alot of money invested in going between lodging out, back, and spliting the cost of a house with two other couples. Any ideas for keeping cool, as in cooling vests of certain types? I bought one of the Techniche International Hyperkewl cooling vests that you soak in water for a few minutes, then wring the water out. Used it about a week ago in 90 sun, and seemed okay, but are there others? Maybe something else?
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood

Been watching the weather and it looks like it's going to hold around the low 80s with a morning start of the 60s. Not bad riding weather especially if one gets out early then enjoy the rally crowd later in the afternoon. We sold our house last November and just bought another one but the moving will just have to wait till we get back . Looking forward to making some new friends .
    4th July ride to Black Hills 019.jpg 4th July ride to Black Hills 013.jpg Mt. Rushmore.jpg 4th July ride to Black Hills 036.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Been watching the weather and it looks like it's going to hold around the low 80s with a morning start of the 60s. Not bad riding weather especially if one gets out early then enjoy the rally crowd later in the afternoon. We sold our house last November and just bought another one but the moving will just have to wait till we get back . Looking forward to making some new friends .
    4th July ride to Black Hills 019.jpg 4th July ride to Black Hills 013.jpg Mt. Rushmore.jpg 4th July ride to Black Hills 036.jpg
    Yeah it's been cooler and wetter then normal so far this summer. Makes for everything being green instead of brown. Hopefully the weather pattern holds. One thing about the Hills it can be 100 here in Rapid City and only 70's or 80's in the Hills.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default FRT SPROCKET

ALL YOU DEADWOOD RIDERS....
    make sure you inspect your FRONT PULLEY (aka: SPROCKET) prior to your journey to Deadwood...
    make certain there is NO RED DUST on her... we all want to get there safely and on time...

ride safely, and see you in Deadwood...

Dan P
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    We sold our house last November and just bought another one but the moving will just have to wait till we get back.
    You decided against full-time RV'ing then?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    ALL YOU DEADWOOD RIDERS....
    make sure you inspect your FRONT PULLEY (aka: SPROCKET) prior to your journey to Deadwood...
    make certain there is NO RED DUST on her... we all want to get there safely and on time...

ride safely, and see you in Deadwood...

Dan P
    SPYD3R

Is is there a picture of this somewhere so I know what to look for?

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    You decided against full-time RV'ing then?
    We will be RV'ing about 9 months out of the year, I just wanted a place to store the rest of out plunder and wanted a place close to our son and his family. We bought into a Manufactured Home Park, 55 and older so when we're gone there is someone to keep an eye on the place. If my wife can't handle the RV lifestyle we will have a place set up.
    The place we bought has a 50' slab next to the house for our 5th wheel for storage and a 2 car garage. I've been on the road for the last 25 years but she retired 3 years ago and I want to make sure she can handle the Nomad lifestyle.
    trailer line up.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Spicewood (TX) to Deadwood (SD) starts tomorrow for me. Will be glad to meet some SL's.

Maybe an impromptu SL's gathering for those that go?

I'll be taking a bunch of Milky Way Spyder pictures, and think it would be cool to have a group of them in the shot.
    Spyder Milky Way Jupiter by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default On our way

We will be out the door in a few minutes; coming from New Hampshire.
    See you all soon!

Lin
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

Drive safe and have a good trip everyone!

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood.

My wife and I randomly picked this week to go to deadwood because we didn't want to go during the sturgis rally. Low and behold turns out to be a 3 wheeler rally the week we are going.
    We are only catching the later half as we are not going out until thursday, but looking forward to seeing all the fellow Spyder Riders there. Hope to make some new friends.
    I did get an appointment with "Tattoo your Ryde" to have some custom work done. Really Looking forward to it.

IMG_1304.jpgIMG_1275.jpg 2015 Black RT, 2018 Intense Red F3 Limited
    2018 F3 Limited , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    Spicewood (TX) to Deadwood (SD) starts tomorrow for me. Will be glad to meet some SL's.

Maybe an impromptu SL's gathering for those that go?

I'll be taking a bunch of Milky Way Spyder pictures, and think it would be cool to have a group of them in the shot.
    Spyder Milky Way Jupiter by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr
    What a great idea,I think that would be fun to participate in. Hope to meet you there. Anybody who is familier with the area have any ideas as to a meeting place?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze