Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deadwood

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood

Have you checked out the Deadwood Rally site lately ? It looks like it's going to be a Spyder Invasion to the Black Hills in July ! There are 285 trikes registered and 187 of them are Spyders. The wife and I are taking 11 days for the ryde there and back . We plan on making Hells Canyon, Yellowstone, Beartooth, Bighorns, Custer State Park and a slew of other great places. I spent 5 months in Gillette WY. 3 years ago and rode most every weekend and can't wait to get back.
    4th July ride to Black Hills 035 (543x800).jpg lose (800x600).jpg up close.jpg Beartooth Pass Ride 049.jpg Big Hairpins.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default DEADWOOD!!

​Oh yeah! This will be my third trip to Deadwood in four years. I love the Black Hills!! This event should be on every Spyder Ryders bucket list!!!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=easysuper;1352861]Have you checked out the Deadwood Rally site lately ? It looks like it's going to be a Spyder Invasion to the Black Hills in July ! There are 285 trikes registered and 187 of them are Spyders. The wife and I are taking 11 days for the ryde there and back . We plan on making Hells Canyon, Yellowstone, Beartooth, Bighorns, Custer State Park and a slew of other great places. I spent 5 months in Gillette WY. 3 years ago and rode most every weekend and can't wait to get back.
    4th July ride to Black Hills 035 (543x800).jpg lose (800x600).jpg up close.jpg Beartooth Pass Ride 049.jpg Big Hairpins.jpg[/QUOTE
    I and my back saddle mate have been to Deadwood for the last 5 years and love every minute of the awesome riding.. we have attended the 3-wheel rally each year since it started also. this year we have a small contingent (12) of our NISR (Nebraksa Iowa Spyder Ryders) going. and yes, the Spyders outnumber all other 3-wheelers. Don't miss it.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood

Been to the Black Hills many time on two wheels and three looking forward to riding down again this July.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

We were there ( Black hills ) for a week last summer. Stayed in Hill City ( central location) and toured around each day. It was GREAT. We were not there for the Sturgis,Deadwood, or 3-wheel rallies. Just toooooooo many people.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I have wanted to go to this rally ever since they started it 4 years ago,but something has always gotten in the way. This year I am registered and have a campsite booked and at least one riding partner. I can hardly wait.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

A great rally location and it sounds like

's are making their mark on the rally. In a couple of years, we hope to be participants. One of our favorite locations to visit. It will be even more fun on the Spyders.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Made camping reservations yesterday for 2 more spyders. Registrations ready to send in. Been to Sturgis mant times since 1968 but this is the first 3 wheel rally, Hope to meet up with some of you there.
    Roger
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Spyder Garage

My wife and I are trailering out there from New Hampshire. This will be our first rally/event. Sooooooooooooo looking forward to it. The Black Hills were beautiful when we were there last in a car; we can't wait to see it from the Spyder!
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

We are joining four other couples from the Kansas City area, attending this rally! Look out Deadwood, can’t wait

Spyder Garage

I just saw their update on Facebook. Can't wait to get back there.....
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Look forward to meet a lot of you there.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    Oh yeah! This will be my third trip to Deadwood in four years. I love the Black Hills!! This event should be on every Spyder Ryders bucket list!!!
    I agree this area is awesome for riding potential. Just not sure I want to share the road with 380+ other bikes. No, I take that back - I am SURE I don't want to be riding with 380 other bikes. We'll go back when it's less crowded and less expensive for accommodations.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I've had my Spyder there in the hills three different times, but not during any of the rallies. Had the hills, all to myself , but I'm definitely going to try to make this year's three wheel rally.
    Hope to meet you all.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood

Don't confuse the three wheeler rally with the Sturgis rally. We rode through the hills last year during the three wheeler rally and found the crowds no worse than any normal day during the summer season everything was busy but nothing like the Sturgis rally in August.

Spyder Garage

Also there are several different rides to go on so not everyone will be together at once.
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I agree this area is awesome for riding potential. Just not sure I want to share the road with 380+ other bikes. No, I take that back - I am SURE I don't want to be riding with 380 other bikes. We'll go back when it's less crowded and less expensive for accommodations.
    That country is so big, once your out of town its not crowded , 300-400 Spyders is a drop in the bucket for that country, I'm not one for crowds either and will normally evade them but it's fun once in awhile to share some common interest with a group of people. As for less cheap it's never cheap in the Deadwood area unless you want to ride in the snow. Unless you just don't like rally's, your missing out on some good times Pete.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Heck, we might not even go on any of the group rides. There is waaaay too much to see, besides the back end of a group of Spyders. There is a handful of folks from the local "group" that are going out, so I'm sure we'll ride with them, but I expect those rides to be less than 20 bikes. I hope to ride every road that has "Canyon" in the name...LOL...Awesome riding country, and plenty of it to share!!!
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Heck, we might not even go on any of the group rides. There is waaaay too much to see, besides the back end of a group of Spyders. There is a handful of folks from the local "group" that are going out, so I'm sure we'll ride with them, but I expect those rides to be less than 20 bikes. I hope to ride every road that has "Canyon" in the name...LOL...Awesome riding country, and plenty of it to share!!!
    there are a few that you will miss if you just catch the “canyon” ones. Needles hwy, Iron mountain rd, Old Rockerville rd, Old Hill City rd, Nemo rd, to name a few. Custer widelife loop had a big fire this winter, it might take a few years to recover...
    Last edited by RapidSpyder; 04-21-2018 at 11:00 PM.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

My side kick Camille and I will be there. First time was 1967 on my BSA 441 for Sturgis Rally/Hillclimb. Most trips were on Harleys. 25+ times and we are still going back. Some of the Sturgis crowd will be already gathering early to avoid the crowds. Always fun in the area. We are staying in our RV at Days of 76 RV campground. (at the Rodeo Arena)

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    there are a few that you will miss if you just catch the “canyon” ones. Needles hwy, Iron mountain rd, Old Rockerville rd, Old Hill City rd, Nemo rd, to name a few. Custer widelife loop had a big fire this winter, it might take a few years to recover...
    Yup, we rode Hill City, Iron Mtn, and Needles last summer, and part of Nemo...(we found Nemo). I thought Iron Mtn was nicer than Needles.....Tried the Wildlife Loop but the big critters weren't having anything of it.....they wouldn't get off the road. Sat in stopped traffic for a half hour and turned around. I suppose it didn't help that it was 100* that day... Can't wait to get back
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

thinking of possibly going to this

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    thinking of possibly going to this
    get your reservations in as soon as you decide to take the plunge, things tend to fill up quickly this time on year...

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    get your reservations in as soon as you decide to take the plunge, things tend to fill up quickly this time on year...

registered and now looking at some Air BnB in Spearfish

Spyder Garage

Default Squared Away

We will be there!! Hope folks can stop by to say Hi! Joe and Ann
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system