Spyder Garage

Default Front Wheel Removal

Is it possible to lift the RT front wheels off the ground one at a time ? I know most pick it up on a specialized jack (which is probably the best way). I don't have that jack, I do have a low clearance floor jack. Another way to ask, does anyone have a picture of the bottom of an RT that shows jacking points....

Thanks for all that answer

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder lifting

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    Is it possible to lift the RT front wheels off the ground one at a time ? I know most pick it up on a specialized jack (which is probably the best way). I don't have that jack, I do have a low clearance floor jack. Another way to ask, does anyone have a picture of the bottom of an RT that shows jacking points....

Thanks for all that answer

I use my small floor jack most of the time ....... place jack under the center metal frame ......either in the front ( check where the frame starts with a mirror ) or the rear ...place jack from the left side ( not muffler side ).... I shaped a wood block that I put under the swing arm fork ....I have also used an auto type scissor jack under either swing arm with a support block to get both sides of the " A " arm. you need to get it as close to the wheel as possible, which is easy because the scissor jack is only 3 in. wide...... remember to loosen the lug nuts before you lift........good luck ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default all

basically, all SPYD3R front suspensions are the same, or very close to being the same....

on my RS and again on my F3, i use a scissor jack that i got at a local car scrap yard... mine is from a Ford Explorer, and was brand new/never used, and i got it for $10....
    i configured a wood piece that would fit the A arms to avoid the possibility of slipping while jacking, and i covered the wood with leather...
    20180416_104457.jpg
    after jacking up my SPYD3R, i use the old-faithful JACK STANDS... place a rag or rubber between jack stands & A arms....
    20180416_104521.jpg
    hope this helped...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

For good or for bad, when the guy recently came and took off my front wheels to paint them, he used a floor jack on the suspension next to the wheel. I don't know the name of the part but it looked solid. I've been riding the Spyder since and have found no evidence of harm, not even scratched paint. While he was lifting it, the appearance was as if the Spyder hit a bump, and a small one at that. Of course he was only lifting the Spyder high enough to get the wheel off. I wouldn't recommend doing this for any lift more than the minimum necessary for removing wheels.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

lo profile floor jack, couple of microfiber or a regular towel and jack
    on the a arm. thats how i clean my wheels and tires after a ride.
    loosen lug nuts while the wheel is down. doesnt hurt a thing that i can see.--irv
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]