Thread: BEST warranty

Spyder Garage

Default BEST warranty

We are the "poster children" for the BEST warranty! This sounds like a paid endorsement, but it seriously isn't.

Believe me, it's NOT cheap to fix these "toys" of ours!!

If your Spyder manufacturers warranty is running out, and you're on the fence about an extended warranty, get the BEST warranty, you'll be glad you did! We got the best price at Bert's Mega Mall (a little over $700). Shop around, lots of different prices out there.

With the oil leak problem that we've had almost since we bought our Spyder in 2015, more than $10,000.00 worth of repairs were put into it including, a new engine/transmission assembly last week. Our BEST warranty has paid for itself more than ten times over!!

BEST $$ we ever spent! (pun intended)
    Nate and Lori

2021 Spyder RT Limited--Deep Marsala Red--Chrome Edition

[/B]​Nelson-Rigg half cover, Hopnel side bags and trunk liner bags, , Driver's Backrest, BRP Trailer hitch and control module, 131 DB horn from TricLED, "Shadow" trailer from Mini Trailer USA,

Spyder Garage

I couldn't agree more. One new air bag, two compressors, new clutch cover, new master cylinder, brake bleed, new coolant, and some more stuff I can't remember. $50.00
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Shop around for sure. I called all the placed everyone suggested on here and my cost ranged from $975, $771 and $671. I went to my local dealer where we bought our bikes and got them for $621.00.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I totally agree, I got my 3 years of BEST coverage on my 14 RT for free as a goodwill gesture after my 13 burned up, but it would have paid for itself if it had cost $3,000.

They are also a great thing to have from a resale point of view. A bike with remaining extended warranty will definitely be worth more than the same bike with no coverage.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I just wish BRP would offer them past 5yrs. I and many others would pay the cost. But then again, they may believe doing so would cut new bike sales.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After reading about all the problems the Spyder has I am not sure that I should have purchased mind. I purchased a used 2015 RT in July 2017 with 10,200 miles and it has no warranty on it. It has never been in a dealership since I purchased it. Have never had a problem with it other than replacing tires with car tires, putting Doc’s belt tensioner, complete service twice, laser align it my self and have checked everything from brakes and everything I can possibly think of. I have always done all my own service work on all the motorcycles that I have owned for over 60 years. I did not realize these machines require so much repair. I like to do long rides it my not be the machine I want. I have put about 10,000 miles on it with no problems and really liked it until reading these problems.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

RE: More than five year coverage...

Many people do not keep a motorcycle beyond five years. My 2011 is an exception and that is currently used by Linda. She just turned 28,000 miles on it. We have had zero major issues with it. Oil changes, filters, tires are all that we have put into that one.

There is a point where repairs do start to kick in. I have never had a bike with over 50K miles on it--however--we may be at that point now. Those riding 100K miles or more have probably encountered some major repairs.

Once the repairs exceed the warranty cost--BRP has lost on that one. What keeps the programs going is that the ratio of major repairs to warranties is very low. Somewhere between my 2011 and the 100K milers is what is happening with most.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

When we bought our '14 RTL, we got the BEST warranty as part of the deal. Now that it has run out, we'll see how good of a product BRP manufactures. I don't like the idea of having "no warranty" to fall back on when we are on a trip, but that's we're at now. I hope I don't find out what this machine will cost me if it ever takes a crap on us. I am hoping that it's as reliable as my jap bikes were, because all I ever did to them was keep them maintained and run good/fresh gas in them, heck I even had the original battery in my '03 Wing until I traded it in for the '14 Spyder! I've owned 31 jap bikes through out the years and never worried with any of them, whether racing them or heading out cross-country on them. I guess time will tell, but I have to admit, I'm a little nervous, not having a warranty any longer. At least we have good M/C insurance to cover the tow and trip interruption!! Mac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    When we bought our '14 RTL, we got the BEST warranty as part of the deal. Now that it has run out, we'll see how good of a product BRP manufactures. I don't like the idea of having "no warranty" to fall back on when we are on a trip, but that's we're at now. I hope I don't find out what this machine will cost me if it ever takes a crap on us. I am hoping that it's as reliable as my jap bikes were, because all I ever did to them was keep them maintained and run good/fresh gas in them, heck I even had the original battery in my '03 Wing until I traded it in for the '14 Spyder! I've owned 31 jap bikes through out the years and never worried with any of them, whether racing them or heading out cross-country on them. I guess time will tell, but I have to admit, I'm a little nervous, not having a warranty any longer. At least we have good M/C insurance to cover the tow and trip interruption!! Mac
    We are in the same position on the 2014. Free Best is over now. I have two 's and both are now out of warranty. My advice to travel with a well loaded credit card is now being followed here.

And I have NEVER had an issue with a Japanese bike. Have owned over 40 and nothing other than oil, gas, and tires. I have another Vulcan 900 in the stable one more year of warranty to go.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderBears View Post
    We are the "poster children" for the BEST warranty! This sounds like a paid endorsement, but it seriously isn't.

Believe me, it's NOT cheap to fix these "toys" of ours!!

If your Spyder manufacturers warranty is running out, and you're on the fence about an extended warranty, get the BEST warranty, you'll be glad you did! We got the best price at Bert's Mega Mall (a little over $700). Shop around, lots of different prices out there.

With the oil leak problem that we've had almost since we bought our Spyder in 2015, more than $10,000.00 worth of repairs were put into it including, a new engine/transmission assembly last week. Our BEST warranty has paid for itself more than ten times over!!

BEST $$ we ever spent! (pun intended)
    When I bought my 2014 RTL from PitBull back in 2014, I got the special 4 year warranty deal. It runs out end of this month. I found an extended warranty from Sierra Cycles (David) that 'reads' well as far as coverage. I've heard/read good things about this policy, but may find out in the future if it's as good as advertised. The cost: less than $800 for 4 years.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    After reading about all the problems the Spyder has I am not sure that I should have purchased mind. I purchased a used 2015 RT in July 2017 with 10,200 miles and it has no warranty on it. It has never been in a dealership since I purchased it. Have never had a problem with it other than replacing tires with car tires, putting Doc’s belt tensioner, complete service twice, laser align it my self and have checked everything from brakes and everything I can possibly think of. I have always done all my own service work on all the motorcycles that I have owned for over 60 years. I did not realize these machines require so much repair. I like to do long rides it my not be the machine I want. I have put about 10,000 miles on it with no problems and really liked it until reading these problems.

One thing you must keep in mind is that folks who have no issues with their bikes/cars/trucks/lawnmowers etc. rarely comment on these sites. We have 20,000 trouble free miles on our RT including a 5000 mile trip to Nova Scotia last year. Our machine ran great and didn't need anything on the trip. We put 100,000 miles on our 04 BMW 1150 and had no issues other than normal wear items, but if you go on the BMW site and read much you would never go near an 1150 because of the bad press. Same goes for the Triumph Trophy SE that we never had an issue with, but looked like a terrible bike when you read the problems some were having. There are folks who have had nothing but troubles with their Spyders and I can sympathize because I have been through vehicle hell with one of the big four from Japan, but there are owners here who have thousands of trouble free miles and smiles as well. I have the best warranty simply because it was part of the wheeling and dealing I did when we bought our Spyder. I hope I never have to use it. Oh yeah, we have a 2015 base RT bought new in January of 2017. It was a leftover sitting in a dusty corner. We wrangled a great deal and brought it home and as I stated it now has 20,000 trouble free miles on it. I do my own service and repairs on my bikes and while the Spyder may be a bit more complex it isn't any worse than most modern bikes.
    Last edited by Navydad; 04-17-2018 at 10:15 AM.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post

never heard of Jap bikes but I have owned Japanese bikes

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    How about "rice burners?"

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Guess I should have used the term "UJM" or "(U)niversal (J)apanese (M)otorcycle". I apologize for the slang term and hope I didn't hurt any feelings with the term that I have used since, about '71, when I first threw a leg over a Honda Mini-Trail 50. I'll try and be more "PC" for future posts. Again my apologies. Mac