Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electronic air

Spyder Garage

Default The answer----

Hi Bob,

I need to answer the second question before the first, as the ACS Sensor would have to be connected to perform a little trick to bleed the ACS air bag a little bit...

You never have to disconnect the ACS arm from the swing arm unless replacing the sensor or swing arm. The shock tops out long before the sensor is over extended. In fact, you don’t even have to disconnect the arm when replacing the shock, as the swing arm will contact frame components prior to over extension...

So, to trick the ACS into bleeding off some air is to jack the rear wheel high enough that there’s no load on the rear suspension. You can lift the wheel slightly off the ground if you’re not sure all the load is off. Now, to activate the ACS system, the engine must be running, park brake off and transmission in 1st or reverse gear. Sit or stand next to the bike so you can keep your foot on the brake pedal, for obvious reasons... Lol The ACS will think the ride height is too high, and you should hear the pressure valve release air in a series of hisses. Once it stops, put the bike in neutral, activate the park brake and lower the bike back down and remove the jack. Seat yourself on the bike, put back into gear and park brake off, you should hear the ACS pump and the bike lifting in the rear...

If nothing happens during any of this, make sure the ACS Sensor is attached to the swing arm or a fuse hasn’t blown. If all that is okay and still nothing, have your dealer connect it to BUDS software and check that the ACS system is activated. I’ve had more than one RT come from the factory with the ACS not activated in the system. So far, we’ve had zero issues with F3-LTD’s ACS systems.

Hope this helps you out!

Be safe in your travels. Take care.

Sincerely,

Shawn Smoak

Needless to say I thanked Shawn for the above answer,
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    I think he already answered that.

Is it safe to assume that you also don't have a tire valve under the seat where you can check the actual pressure in the bag ??
    Easy Rider, do you just get a kick out of being a dick? There is no need to answer that question!
    My question to Bob was simply asking if there was any electronic setting he could use to adjust the rear airbag to set it to a low or high pressure setting that the auto compressor would maintain. That had not been asked or answered before, except obviously in your mind. Bob had no problem understanding my question in his later response.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red