Thread: Electronic air

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Electronic air

Can any 2017 F3 Limited owner hear or feel their electronically controlled air system working? I have had mine for 2000 miles now and have yet to hear a peep out of it. No sounds or different feeling with a passenger. Just wondering how a person is to tell if it is working?
    Thanks,
    Bob

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In a low light situation, like inside a garage, note where the lights hit the wall.
    With it in gear (and foot on brake of course) run the control from soft to hard.....and watch the light on the wall go up and down.

I've never heard or felt mine working either but the dealer demonstrated that it IS.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    In a low light situation, like inside a garage, note where the lights hit the wall.
    With it in gear (and foot on brake of course) run the control from soft to hard.....and watch the light on the wall go up and down.

I've never heard or felt mine working either but the dealer demonstrated that it IS.
    That is a slick way of knowing for an RT owner. Unfortunately mine is the 2017 F3 Limited and there is nothing manual that
    I can switch on or off and check the headlights. As I said, I have had mine for 2000 miles now and have yet to hear a peep
    out of it. No sounds or different feeling with a passenger. Just wondering how a person is to tell if it is working?
    Thanks,
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Im not sure what to listen for in what situation. I have felt something kick in on a few aggressive curves. I was thinking it was either the nanny or that compressor.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Electronic air

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Im not sure what to listen for in what situation. I have felt something kick in on a few aggressive curves. I was thinking it was either the nanny or that compressor.
    Most likely was the nanny since you say "on a few aggressive curves." Guess no one knows what it takes to really know if our units are working properly or what it would feel like if they were not working properly.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehole View Post
    That is a slick way of knowing for an RT owner. Unfortunately mine is the 2017 F3 Limited and there is nothing manual that
    I can switch on or off and check the headlights. As I said, I have had mine for 2000 miles now and have yet to hear a peep
    out of it. No sounds or different feeling with a passenger. Just wondering how a person is to tell if it is working?
    Thanks,
    Hi Bob, do you not have the ability on your 2017 F3 to choose whether your airbag is running at 10psi or 70psi? .......and then the compressor maintains it at that PSI?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Hi Bob, do you not have the ability on your 2017 F3 to choose whether your airbag is running at 10psi or 70psi? .......and then the compressor maintains it at that PSI?

Pete
    On the 2017 F3 limited its air shock system is electronically controlled. I would assume if it was not operating properly, there would be an error code.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

mine is the 2017 F3 Limited and there is nothing manual that I can switch on or off

Pete
    I think he already answered that.

Is it safe to assume that you also don't have a tire valve under the seat where you can check the actual pressure in the bag ??

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

How about a ruler? Air pressure gauge? You mean if you have it in gear and running in a darkened garage and your wife gets on (add weight) the headlights won't move up and then down as it levels out?
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Electronic air

Is it safe to assume that you also don't have a tire valve under the seat where you can check the actual pressure in the bag ??
    Easy Rider, that would be correct. As far as I can tell this is a closed system. I am starting to think the only way to change any thing related to the pressure of the system is with the BUDS software and that is a maybe.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Easy Rider, do you just get a kick out of being a dick? There is no need to answer that question!
    My question to Bob was simply asking if there was any electronic setting he could use to adjust the rear airbag to set it to a low or high pressure setting that the auto compressor would maintain. That had not been asked or answered before, except obviously in your mind. Bob had no problem understanding my question in his later response.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Electronic air

Pete
    Pete, I have no way of setting the pressure on my system that I know about. From what I have read it is a closed system with not adjustment. I am trying to learn more.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Default I have wondered too ...

Can any 2017 F3 Limited owner hear or feel their electronically controlled air system working? I have had mine for 2000 miles now and have yet to hear a peep out of it. No sounds or different feeling with a passenger. Just wondering how a person is to tell if it is working?
    Thanks,
    We have a 2017 F3L with electronically/automatically adjusted rear suspension. During most of 7000 miles/11,000 km, I have often wondered whether it was working. No switch to adjust; no sound of any consequence; no gauge to check. BUT, once or twice when mounting, or when I was already on and had been ryding briefly before the missus came out to join me, I have felt a subtle adjustment, a raising or lowering as it were, when she climbed aboard. Thus, I'm led to believe there actually is a system there, and that it's functioning. It is pretty difficult to tell, though, other than to say our Spyder performs well in different load-bearing situations over very different terrain, with reasonable comfort, suggesting to me that some form of operable automatic suspension compensation must be there and working. Faith in the byke!!
    Last edited by bushrat; 04-16-2018 at 07:37 AM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside