Thread: Rear seat latch

Spyder Garage

Default Rear seat latch

Does anyone have a picture of the underside of their rear seat. I switched to an Ultimate Seat and don't care for it. Now I can't figure out how the spring goes on the latch post.

Thanks Pat
    SIGPIC]2

2016 F3T Lamonster RIP boards, fog lights, Longhorn mirror lights, power plate. SpyderPops skid plate. Painted the silver air intake and grill.

Spyder Garage

Check your Facebook post. I put some pictures up for you there.
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I was considering the Ultimate seat, Might I ask what you found uncomfortable?
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikind7 View Post
    I was considering the Ultimate seat, Might I ask what you found uncomfortable?
    Good morning,
    Biggest thing with me is the seat in hard. Sits up too high. I like the F3 because you sit down in it not on it like my previous RT.
    I've got 18k on the bike and put a couple of hundred on the Ultimate seat to give it a good try.
    Seems to be a good company, super customer service. I rode down to have it installed and they are great people. Just not "The" seat I was looking for.
    May just be the old hips I have,
    Pat
    SIGPIC]2

2016 F3T Lamonster RIP boards, fog lights, Longhorn mirror lights, power plate. SpyderPops skid plate. Painted the silver air intake and grill.

Spyder Garage

I would call ultimate seats to get instructions on how to reinstall that post back to your stock seat. I installed my own and there are instructions on how to change the length of the post for the new seat. You would want to change it back to where it was, and reinstall the safety lanyard and tool kit. Yes the seat does sit about an inch higher than stock but for me, I just got used to it in a short while. It is more comfortable and my butt does not go numb after a long day in the saddle. Maybie you need to go to a Corbin. I considered it but they are a little more pricey.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Pat:
    Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your new Ultimate seat. If I understand your comment above, you feel you have given it a reasonable 'test' after 200 miles, and find it to be too hard. And, you sense that you are not sitting down in your F3 as much as you would like. Maybe you should give it a few more miles to really break in and soften up more.

I switched over to an Ultimate last December, and have put about 3500 miles on it since. I think it got better and more comfortable perhaps after 500 or 1000 miles. I know one thing: I couldn't stand to ryde in the BRP stock seat for more than 45 minutes without getting off for a break. An AirHawk pad allowed me to extend to just over an hour. With the Ultimate, I can go 3 to 4 hours and pretty much burn my way through a tank of gas, when I have to stop anyway. I don't feel myself sitting high at all; not really all that different, in fact. A few more miles should soften things up a bit more, and perhaps give you a better feel. Seat comfort is a personal thing; I wish you well finding the right solution. I do know that my Ultimate seat is the best looking of any I have seen, bar none. Putting the rear seat latch post back in place, should you return to the stock seat, should not be a problem; it's a pretty simple matter. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside