Spyder Garage

Default Bag over the glove box

I got a good deal on a bag that sits on top of the glove box of the RT. Does anyone use one? I'd like to hear pros and cons of having one. I haven't installed it yet.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BAG ON THE GLOVE BOX COVER

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I got a good deal on a bag that sits on top of the glove box of the RT. Does anyone use one? I'd like to hear pros and cons of having one. I haven't installed it yet.
    With a bit of RE-SOWING of the straps and modifying the clips ....you could mount the bag to the cover and it would still function as a cover instead of having to re-move the entire bag to get inside the glove-box .............. jmho ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    With a bit of RE-SOWING of the straps and modifying the clips ....you could mount the bag to the cover and it would still function as a cover instead of having to re-move the entire bag to get inside the glove-box .............. jmho ..... Mike
    Yup...was thinking of doing this very thing...
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

All of the bikes in my garage have a smaller tank bag on them and I have a big one in the closet for traveling. Very handy for phone, sunglasses, cloth to clean glasses, small flashlight, etc, etc. Things you may use often. Once you get used to it you will wonder how you ever got by without it.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I have had one for years and put cables and gas receipts in it. It comes in very handy for maps also. Nice for quick storage of snacks and extra keys. I keep one as a spare in mine

Spyder Garage

What kind of bag did you get? Do you have a link showing it? How about some pictures? Thanks much, sounds like a good addition.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it doesn't get in the way of your operation of the control switches during full lock to tock swings of the bars:
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I miss the nice, big tank bag I had on my BMW RT, especially the clear part for a map. I don't have a GPS; I prefer maps.

Nowadays, I just stuff the map under my sheepskin cushion when I'm done with it. Kinda hard on the map, but they're free at Interstate rest stops.

Spyder Garage

Dunno how clear the pic below is gonna show up, but it is a pic of a BRP Tank bag for an RSS/ST with the straps modified just a little to enable the front to strap around the steering shaft, & the back secures around the main spar under the seat. To get into the glove box I do hafta lift the Spyder's seat & unclip the rear clips to that rear strap, but it's easy enough - oh, I did hafta cut off & remove the metal 'L' bracket thingy that was fixed into a loop at the rear for easy fixing to the RSS/ST, but it was useless on an RT, altho I left the canvas/ballistic nylon loop in place to guide & hold the strap that also secured the harness for Max (see in the tank bag!) to the main spar too! His harness strap comes up thru a small slot I added in that end/base of the tank bag (under his tail) to secure him & make sure he can't get out or fall out of the bag, not that he ever got close to that after his first attempt, when he realised it was safer to remain IN the bag!! He really enjoys ryding there, even more if BOTH his people are aboard too! He can & does curl up in that bag, but there's no room in there for anything else, & he often pushes the (open) lid into the gap between bag & GPS so he can stretch out a bit more & drool onto the GPS screen... the colours that makes seem to entertain him!

asset.jpg

I also have a bigger Tank Bag, secured in much the same way, that we use for longer trips. He has more protection from the wind etc as well as enough room so he can get right down inside the bigger bag, instead of just sitting in the one as shown above - he likes that smaller one for around town, so he can show off his 'doggles' to the camera's in passing cars & to people on the sidewalk! But for longer trips, or if it's raining, the bigger bag with more room & greater protection lets him wear his Dri-za-bone raincoat with hood & stay dry & warm, cos even tho he can curl up inside the bigger bag, where he sleeps & is completely protected from the weather, he really does prefer to have a least his head & usually one paw out, leaning on the edge of the bag nonchalantly & keeping an eye on my ryding & the speed limit!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-21-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

It came with a couple of metal brackets for installing it....??? Heck I don't want that kind of bag.. So, I modified the straps a bit, cut one off to be two short ones, and installed snaps on the ends. Now two straps wrap around the front of it and the two short ones with snaps are on the back end. Glove box still opens, and bag is secure.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White