Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default went into limp mode today!

was riding west on rt 50 towards Parkersburg WV today. pretty windy out. got hit with a big crosswind bout the time a truck passed me. cruise kicked off. thought maybe I had touched the brake pedal but my clodds were on the highway pegs. first goofy thing that has happened to my ride. only thing I can figure is bike lost traction or something, because the bike did get moved to the right, and it scared the nanny. battery terminals were tightened and star washers installed couple months ago. rode for bout 10 miles and stopped for fuel. started up and all was well. rode another 150 miles with no issues. when this happened the cruise shut down, got the orange screen of death with the VSS warning along with check DPS and check engine. did have throttle up to 5350 rpm which would have been fine to get me home. going to check some connections in the morning.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

With the sudden sideways motion as the truck passed you, it’s possible that the yaw rate sensor triggered a VSS activation. That’s the sensor that keeps us right side up. That will kick off the cruise. Not sure if the DPS indication and check engine would be part of that or not. That could have been related to steering torque to account for the cross wind. Of course, check it over. But she might have been operating as designed.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 04-13-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default Scary...!! 😲

I have that happen when I cruise the mountain roads and run across a long sweeping banked curve. She just shuts me down VSS. Shut her down pull the key give it a few minutes and start her back up and go on. I now move up and down or pull in the clutch or tap the brakes on those curves and the nanny thinks I'm handling it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default must the year cycle !

I had the 2012 do some funny stuff 2 days ago ! must be a kawinky-dink ... not sure why mine pulled limpy mode , but drove fine yesterday after noon no problems .