Spyder Garage

Default Suggestion/pics of your manual shift RS floorboards

I am getting a cramp in my thigh from shifting my manual shift SM5 and am thinking of going with some type of floorboard setup. It may also just be the position of my leg but it tends to happen to my left leg. I am going to install the Rivco Risers so I will be more upright sitting which may also help with this. My past bikes were a Sportster with forward controls, dual sports, and standard bikes. I don't really care for the pull back on my legs. I do have highway pegs installed, luckily, and when it cramps I can lay it on top of them till it eases up. Of course then I don't want to go back to the normal position. I guess possibly I can keep the highway pegs with the Rivco set up.
    I am eyeballing the Rivco floorboards with the heel toe shifter, or using the Phoenix Products shifter kit, and also adding a brake pedal extension. Or getting the SM5 seal boards. I would appreciate some suggestions, opinions, and pics of your set up to show how your shifter works. I am curious if you had to do mods to be able to use your shifter with floorboard set ups. Please share your opinions on either floorboard or different options? I couldn't find any good pics that show the RS SM5 seal boards shifter area. I know the RS is the sport model but that is what I could afford until maybe I can swing an F3 sport to get my legs out front cruiser style.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Squanchkava72; 04-14-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    Roadkrome luggage rack
    Shad SH45 hard case
    Bajaron anti-sway bar and Heim links
    Mirror extensions
    Spyderpops air dam foam kit
    Rivco handlebar risers (purchased and on my mods to do list)

"A damn good feeling to run these roads" - Tyler Childers
    "I close my eyes, it was all so clear, it was all right then, it was all right there" - Tyler Childers
    "Woke up today and decided to kill my ego, it ain't ever done me no good no how" - Sturgill Simpson
    www.squanchkava.com

Spyder Garage

You can look at my thread in the RS Hop Talk section about Issue with Seal floorboards and see what I did. May not work for what you have in mind, but will give an idea.
    Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Squanchkava72 View Post
    I am getting a cramp in my thigh from shifting my manual shift SM5 and am thinking of going with some type of floorboard setup. It may also just be the position of my leg but it tends to happen to my left leg. I am going to install the Rivco Risers so I will be more upright sitting which may also help with this. My past bikes were a Sportster with forward controls, dual sports, and standard bikes. I don't really care for the pull back on my legs. I do have highway pegs installed, luckily, and when it cramps I can lay it on top of them till it eases up. Of course then I don't want to go back to the normal position. I guess possibly I can keep the highway pegs with the Rivco set up.
    I am eyeballing the Rivco floorboards with the heel toe shifter, or using the Phoenix Products shifter kit, and also adding a brake pedal extension. Or getting the SM5 seal boards. I would appreciate some suggestions, opinions, and pics of your set up to show how your shifter works. I am curious if you had to do mods to be able to use your shifter with floorboard set ups. Please share your opinions on either floorboard or different options? I couldn't find any good pics that show the RS SM5 seal boards shifter area. I know the RS is the sport model but that is what I could afford until maybe I can swing an F3 sport to get my legs out front cruiser style.
    Thanks
    I'm taller 6'2" and long legs so most every bike I've had caused me to have to bend my ankle to much to shift I have always been more comfortable with my pegs lowered and set back an inch or two ,also adjusting the shift lever helps ,most of the time for me the problem is that the curve in the tank that they have for your knees is for a shorter legs so my knees are forced out of the scooped place in the tank and spreads my legs, lowering the pegs wasn't that hard PM me and I'll send some pic's
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 RS and need fwd controls to get comfortable. I can’t seem to find the right parts because I’m told parts aren’t being made anymore. I want handlebar risers too. What are my current options?

Spyder Garage

There is a thread on floorboards further down on the forum
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe