Thread: Tire pressure

Spyder Garage

Default Tire pressure

2010 rs se5 bought from insurance

Only test drove my spyder around the neighborhood to test drive my fixes. I was planning on a longer drive after I changed the oil, however my local can am shop talked me into buying the oil kit. So glad I trusted them....not. gave me the wrong trans filter.

Anyway reading threads on tires.. I seem to have the stock tires and even though at first glance all are good. The back tires seems worn in the center. Soooo. I decided to ck the pressure. 35 psi front 40 psi rear. Wtf

So I lowered to 22 in the front.. even though my manual says 17. What do you think. Should i start with suggested pressure or..

Phil

Spyder Garage

They're likely fine at the recommended pressures ( so yes lower them) for local rides, I rode my Spyder with the center 2 inches almost smooth (only on dry days) before changing it to a non-kenda.

Before any long trips, check the tire Date Codes, 7 year old tires (if they're the original) are pretty long in the tooth and maybe should be changed for safety's sake (I think 10 years is the top of the safety zone). Others will likely chime in here with some tire facts.

The date of manufacture is the last four digits of the DOT code. The first two digits are the week of manufacture, and the last two digits are the year. For example, if the last four digits of the DOT code are 0210, that means that the tire was manufactured during the second week of the year 2010.
    Last edited by DGoebel; 04-14-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Philrs View Post
    2010 rs se5 bought from insurance

Only test drove my spyder around the neighborhood to test drive my fixes. I was planning on a longer drive after I changed the oil, however my local can am shop talked me into buying the oil kit. So glad I trusted them....not. gave me the wrong trans filter.

Anyway reading threads on tires.. I seem to have the stock tires and even though at first glance all are good. The back tires seems worn in the center. Soooo. I decided to ck the pressure. 35 psi front 40 psi rear. Wtf

So I lowered to 22 in the front.. even though my manual says 17. What do you think. Should i start with suggested pressure or..

Phil
    My guess is that they may have gave you the right trans filter. It may be the oil has not been changed in many years and does not have the updated deeper filter cup. Call the dealer and ask if they have an extra one.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

22psi is good for front tires. I tried 17psi but it made it hard to steer. Rear tire should be around 25 psi or less.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Joel, was that 17 PSI hard steering with the original Kenda's or your 595's?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    My guess is that they may have gave you the right trans filter. It may be the oil has not been changed in many years and does not have the updated deeper filter cup. Call the dealer and ask if they have an extra one.
    Yup. The trans filter wasn't upgraded.

Changed oil. Topped off coolant and test drive. No warning lights in 10 miles. Now I have to get it brake and light inspected. Than licensed

Thanks for the help

Phil20180413_194450.jpg