Finally got a smooth ride. Here is the solution. But first, a little background. This is my 1st Spyder. Bought it used with 8K miles on it last May and rode it home 1,400 miles from Oklahoma. It was a very scary trip. As time and my learning curve advanced, little by little things improved. Turns out I bought the bike and rode it home with both front shocks blown, rear tire on last legs, (had it replaced in Texas), and the front tires had tread separation. Being a new Spyder owner/rider, I had know idea what was right or wrong. As you can see from my signature line, I have added a lot of stuff in order to make the spyder ride and handle like I hoped it should. The one last bothersome glitch was belt vibration while accelerating or going up hill at 60 to 66 MPH. I put Doc Humphreys dampener on and it did help but I just knew this thing should be better. So, I took it to my local dealer to have the belt tension and alignment checked and corrected. After all, they are the schooled experts. The vibration was much worse after they worked on it. I took it back to them a second time and they fiddled some more but said they couldn't do any better. Still unacceptable. (I had them document what they set the tension to which was 231#s.) After doing a little research, I discovered BRP issued a TST in June 2015 that suggested the tension be lowered to 142#s to help eliminate belt harmonic vibration at freeway speeds. I presented this information to my (now former) dealer and they just wanted to argue with me saying they know what they are doing and have done it by the book.

The solution.....I sent an email to Doc Humphreys explaining my problem. That was on April 4th, 9 days ago. I cannot express how much help, advice, care and feeding, hand holding, and otherwise just plain good service I received. We exchanged several emails until, after following his advice and procedural steps, I no longer have belt vibration on a bike that has had it forever. Lowering the belt tension to 140#s in combination with Doc's dampener does the trick. Absolutely no noticeable vibration up to 75MPH.

Those of you living with vibration should know you don't need to. There is a solution for a smooth ride......

Thank you Doc.