Spyder Garage

Default hot doggie my 1st nanny limp !

HAHAHAHA , man what a windy day it was any way ! first day in the low 50`s , mid 70`s high , had been getting ready since yesterday , rolled out the 2012 r-t , cranked her up let her idle up too 1 or 2 bars on the temp gauge , shut down , check oil --- great back into garage , now next morning , went too put lunch into the frunck , here is where I think I made my nannie a little mad , had been turning the key too the unluck front position , heard the click , but didn`t open tried 3 more times , in doing this I turned the computer on as in next step too start , turned off and noticed I had been turning the wrong direction , I was opening the seat , so all put into place rolled her out , suited up , let her idle while I put on helmet and jacket , off we went ( weeeeeee ) rolled through the 3 way stop , ( no traffic at 5 a.m. in the country side ) went about 1 1/2 miles away from home , bammmm my nanny said heckkkkkk no , the throttle went too almost non existence on power , and flashed check engine , the gear position went too 2 then flashed ( R ) then 1 then back too (R ) and the reverse tail lights were on also ! limped back home ---- > you know it was kind of peaceful S L O W ride back could hear some of the frogs and crickets in the wooded areas as I creped along the road at a whopping 7 m.p.h. got back home , took the key out ... arrived back 9 hours later took her for a little spin no problems shifted just fine ,speeds of 40 too 50 , ( I am thinking nanny had a vision of something terrible ahead , turn around will robinson , danger danger ... ) it works for me anyway ... will let all know if something happens tomorrow !

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You seem to possess an awareness that many others don't have. All to often fighting to overcome mild resistance can be fatal. Spooky.

Spyder Garage

Just for giggles, make sure your battery connections are tight. As blueknight911 has suggested put Star washers under the nuts. (I did) Loose connections on the battery terminals are a common cause of the Nanny throwing all sorts of codes, and causing general mayhem.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default thanks will check it

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Just for giggles, make sure your battery connections are tight. As blueknight911 has suggested put Star washers under the nuts. (I did) Loose connections on the battery terminals are a common cause of the Nanny throwing all sorts of codes, and causing general mayhem.
    thanks for the information will check on that battery terminal deal

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NANNY

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    .... IMHO the Nanny is much too sensitive .... it doesn't take much of a blip to set Her off ..... However removing the key at least 6 inches & 5 minutes time .... from the ignition switch allows Her to re-boot the system ...Mike

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    Well, don't forget the connections under the seat, either. Especially the ground connection. Remember that you have to get a wrench on the back side of that bolt. There's a nut back there.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

thanks all for the added information , took her on a ride too work this morning , did just fine , although , when I pulled into my parking area , came to a stop ready for the reverse , it gave me the ` ye old nanny walk , so parked it , back on 8 hours later rode home fine , stopped at a local place close to home , turned her off , took off again , seemed to operate pretty good ! ( will double check the battery terminals )

Spyder Garage

Default Glitches

Hope it is just the occasional glitch. I get them now and again then gone. If it happens while driving I just shut her off wave the key over my head three time put it back and fire her back up and keep on ryding. Usually clears it up. Like your attitude taking it in stride... best way....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black