Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $2,000 Rebate

Spyder Garage

Default $2,000 Rebate

I'm pissed I have been talking to BRP about my $2,000 rebate and they told me today that only certain people are getting it. There is no rhyme or reason to this. It's just random.
    I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said that a supervisor can not help me and refused to let me speak to one.
    I don't get it! What does it take to be treated fairly? I bought a brand new Spyder and traded in my old one.
    If any body on here is looking to purchase a new Spyder and they tell you about rebates make sure they like you're money compared to somebody elses.

Spyder Garage

Default JEALOUS

Quote Originally Posted by ahh-cool View Post
    I'm pissed I have been talking to BRP about my $2,000 rebate and they told me today that only certain people are getting it. There is no rhyme or reason to this. It's just random.
    I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said that a supervisor can not help me and refused to let me speak to one.
    I don't get it! What does it take to be treated fairly? I bought a brand new Spyder and traded in my old one.
    If any body on here is looking to purchase a new Spyder and they tell you about rebates make sure they like you're money compared to somebody elses.
    they are jealous of you because you like in Florida and it's still below ZERO degrees in Canada.....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did get that rebate; but I'm on my third Spyder RT.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I did get that rebate; but I'm on my third Spyder RT.
    Shouldn't matter if its your first, third, or tenth Spyder. If a rebate is being advertised, everyone should get it. It's called equality.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I don't understand their thinking

Spyder Garage

I got the rebate...but I am not buying a 2018. And of course--it is not transferable--or I would gladly have given it to one in need.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Shouldn't matter if its your first, third, or tenth Spyder. If a rebate is being advertised, everyone should get it. It's called equality.
    Nobody mentioned that it had to be "equal"...
    Perhaps they were rewarding purchasers of more than one or two Spyders??

Spyder Garage

Default No Rebate Here

I'm on my 5th Spyder ! Bought a 2018 F3 Limited anniversary edition and no rebate .
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know what their criteria was for selection: ask your dealer about it.

Spyder Garage

once you get the rebate, can you use it to buy accessories

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

However you want to cut it up!

Spyder Garage

Hello @ahh-cool,

We are sorry that you were not able to speak to a supervisor. Please send us an email to brp.care@brp.com, we would like to look into this for you.

Sincerely,
    Stephanie - BRPcare
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe a solution ? Keep us posted if you can.

Spyder Garage

I'm hoping. I don't understand how they could reward some and not others.
    Could it be me? The Dealership?
    I just don't understand.

Spyder Garage

This is what I have been posting to other blogs and facebook:

Just want all of you to be aware of the way BRP appreciates us. They are giving a $2,000 rebate to anyone that purchased a 2018 Spyder. I have been talking to BRP about my rebate for a couple of weeks and they informed me today that I'm not eligible. The reason is, is that they are only giving it to certain people and some get it and some do not. They said it was a lottery if your name got picked you get it and if not no and there is no way to override that decision. They would not even let me speak to a supervisor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hello @ahh-cool,

We are sorry that you were not able to speak to a supervisor. Please send us an email to brp.care@brp.com, we would like to look into this for you.

Sincerely,
    Stephanie - BRPcare
    You would think with low sales you would want to keep your customers happy.
    Does this mean that if I need service that only some people get service and some are told to go to Honda or some other company?

Spyder Garage

I don’t get it. I got the email for the rebate too, but I bought my 2017 RTL last September. I have no desire to trade in my spyder. I just got it farkled up (well. Ok, still farkling)! Wish i could give the rebate to someone who wants it.
    2017 RTL Asphalt Gray
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    TricLED:
    - Safety LED Package #1 w/Blinker Module
    - Mirror Turn Signals
    - RT Wide-Vu mirror
    - LED Headlights/Foglights
    - Large USA Flag LED w/Mount
    - Foam Hand Grips
    FOBO TPMS
    Custom Dynamics HMT LED Brake Light/Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher
    SpyderPops BumpSkid
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    Pitbull Primary Muffler Replacement Pipe
    Lamonster Big City Thunder QQ Monster Baffle
    Roadster Renovations Vibration Damper Kit #3

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would guess that the rebate was generated from the BRP website, and sent out electronically via email.

I received one and I bought my RT used, but I do use the BRP site quite often. Therefore I don't believe that it has anything to do with how many New Spyders you purchased in the past.

I think that they are using one of those spy computers that we see in the movies that watch everyone and read your mind and folloow your movements in order to entrap you.

Seriously, you want equality, give me a break you live in a free country, or most of us do or did, if you want equality move to Cuba, the Doctor and the street sweeper make the same salary.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

I got the rebate email ,never owned a spyder . I did build one on there web page. I wish i could use it on the new 2016 the dealer near me has.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    I got the rebate email ,never owned a spyder . I did build one on there web page. I wish i could use it on the new 2016 the dealer near me has.
    Agreed, if I could use it on a new 2016 I'd have bought it already.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Stefan,
    It seems that they're at least trying to work something out for you: why keep biting the hand that might just have something for you?
    Let it get sorted out, and please let us know about the outcome!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Stefan,
    It seems that they're at least trying to work something out for you: why keep biting the hand that might just have something for you?
    Let it get sorted out, and please let us know about the outcome!
    Bob they are reaching out to me because I made this public. They are sending these to people that bought a 2017 but they did not send it to someone that bought a 2018 and that's who the program is for.
    I was told by customer service that it's a raffle and I didn't win. (that's exactly what they said)
    Makes me feel welcome to the BRP family. I used to tell people how much I like my Spyder, now I will only tell them about this.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did they say up front that it is a raffle ?

Spyder Garage

Default Weird

Not sure what the deal is and not to rub salt in the wound, but I bought a 2016 RTL last may and have gotten the $2,000 email. I also received a follow up email 2 days ago asking me if I miss the offer. I like other wish we could pass them on.

Bob they are reaching out to me because I made this public. They are sending these to people that bought a 2017 but they did not send it to someone that bought a 2018 and that's who the program is for.
    I was told by customer service that it's a raffle and I didn't win. (that's exactly what they said)
    Makes me feel welcome to the BRP family. I used to tell people how much I like my Spyder, now I will only tell them about this.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I too got the rebate offer, and just tossed it in the trash.

Why would $2000.00 entice me to buy a 2018 when I bought my 2016 F3T in 2017? That amount would not even come close to paying back the depreciation on my 2016.

On the other hand if I was looking to buy a 2018 I too would be upset that I did not get the $2000.00.

I know when I bought my 2016 there was a rebate on it, and I just had the dealer apply it towards the down payment. I did not have to bother filling out the paperwork, and never saw it other than listed on the sales contract.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold