Spyder Garage

Default problem with CB and answering the phone

I want to thank you guys for directing me to the needed cable to get the phone to work through the cb/ gps unit. I have had this installed but it doesn't work. Does anyone know how to configure it. I can answer a call through the gps and hear the call through the external speakers but not through the head set. I also can't respond. I get nothing in the head set. Even using the PTT button does not work. I have xm stereo on the bike as well. I can hear it through the head set but the music also plays through the external speakers as well. Is this normal? I would think with the head set plugged in the music would only be heard through the headset and not through the speakers.

Does anyone have experience with these units? Can you help me to configure the phone so it now works through the head set?

Claimbo
    2016 RTS , GPS, entertainment cable. Outlets in trunk and trunk. White

Spyder Garage

you really have to play with the settngs for your mike and squelch adjustment when i first answer the phone i turn the radio down.. depending on where my squelch and mike are set for the intercom and cb i may have to talk very loud for the first word of the conversation to get the mic to kick in.. the squelch should be set low to pick up your voice instantly and mic and headset setting should be up.. its tricky to do on the move buty when you get used to it , it is easier to quickly find the sweet spot.. took a few min to get it dialed in and remember where everything needs to be set to have it ok ... be patient
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Spyder Garage

The only way I could talk so that the caller could hear me on the phone was using the CB's push to talk.
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

It should be vpice.activated. need to change the settings should just use GPS to answer and hang up
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Spyder Garage

Default Answering the phone

Quote Originally Posted by JIM EVANS View Post
    It should be vpice.activated. need to change the settings should just use GPS to answer and hang up
    Thanks for your input. I will try all your suggestions. What I have has a problem with is talking. I can't seem to hear through the headset and can't talk through the mike. So I will try it with the squelch down, mike up and see if that helps. Ill also try the PTT but I am afraid that would cause the CB to broadcast the conversation.
    Claimbo
    2016 RTS , GPS, entertainment cable. Outlets in trunk and trunk. White