Spyder Garage

Default what seat is on the F3 Limited 2017 and up ?

Hi,

The seat on all F3 Limited 2017 and up that I've seen have their passenger seat about 1.5" to 2" higher than other F3 (and my F3T).

Can someone tell me which seat it is ?

Is it the Coast to Coast or the Cannonball ? or something else...

As my wife is really shorter than me, I was wondering if that 1.5 to 2" might be better for her (help her to see over my shoulder instead of directly on my back).

I don't want to change my position. Only the passenger one.

Thanks !
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

BRP changed the design of the passenger seat in 2017 to the one you described. It is a BRP seat. I'll try and get the part number off of mine for you and you can check the price. It also keeps the passenger from sliding into the driver because the seat is level and not sloped with a little rise in the front.

Spyder Garage

Default Passenger seat for F3 LTD

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMB View Post
    BRP changed the design of the passenger seat in 2017 to the one you described. It is a BRP seat. I'll try and get the part number off of mine for you and you can check the price. It also keeps the passenger from sliding into the driver because the seat is level and not sloped with a little rise in the front.

Hi,

Good call to look at part number. Didn't think about that one.

I went to BRP website to look for the part number and there's many different part numbers:
    Passenger seat for LTD:
    Passenger seat for STD:
    Passenger seat for S:
    Passenger seat for T:
    I was thinking it might be the same as Cannonball or something like that, but it looks like BRP just made another passenger seat for the LTD as you described. Probably just a change in the design but without any added comfort like Coast to Coast or Cannonball.

at 200$, it might worth a try (instead of 1000$ for Cannonball...)

Thanks
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

I did not like my Stock LTD seat. It got very uncomfortable on long rides. The seat is only 14 inches wide where an Ultimate or a Corbin is 17 I think. More surface area and better cousion= more comfort.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have a 2017 F3L. As you have seen, the rear seat is higher. This is the stock F3L seat, not the Coast to Coast or Cannonball, which are optional up-grades. My wife really liked the stock rear seat because she sat higher and looked over my head. If your wide is shorter, she might like it as well, as she will likely then sit higher relative to you. I switched over to a one-piece Ultimate seat, both for looks and for more driver seat comfort, for me. My wife now says she sits lower than before; however, she is satisfied to stay with the change. My original stock F3L seats are available at a fair price if you are interested. They are almost new - about 4000 km and 6 months use before changing. I live near Peterborough, Ontario, but could maybe meet you somewhere in between, and you could try them out to see whether they work any better. No obligation to take them if not satisfactory. They should fit your F3T. Cheers. Roger
    20180114_095613.jpg20180114_095458.jpg
    Last edited by bushrat; 04-12-2018 at 11:43 AM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    I have a 2017 F3L. As you have seen, the rear seat is higher. This is the stock F3L seat, not the Coast to Coast or Cannonball, which are optional up-grades. My wife really liked the stock rear seat because she sat higher and looked over my head. If your wide is shorter, she might like it as well, as she will likely then sit higher relative to you. I switched over to a one-piece Ultimate seat, both for looks and for more driver seat comfort, for me. My wife now says she sits lower than before; however, she is satisfied to stay with the change. My original stock F3L seats are available at a fair price if you are interested. They are almost new - about 4000 km and 6 months use before changing. I live near Peterborough, Ontario, but could maybe meet you somewhere in between, and you could try them out to see whether they work any better. No obligation to take them if not satisfactory. They should fit your F3T. Cheers. Roger
    20180114_095613.jpg20180114_095458.jpg
    Love my F3-T saddle and really don't see why a lot want to change ... I'm 6'3" and weigh better part of 200lbs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatenhappy View Post
    Love my F3-T saddle and really don't see why a lot want to change ... I'm 6'3" and weigh better part of 200lbs
    A lot want to change because they aren’t a midget like you, Faten, and need extra legroom and/or height in the seat ......and some bums are formed in such a way that the seat rubs them in the wrong places on a longer trip.......and some need to move closer to the controls......and some are beaten in the back of the head as their passenger finds the stock pillion seat uncomfortable......and.....etc etc

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red