Spyder Garage

Default 2016 RTS 19,561 miles

1. Oil change Kit

2. Fuel Filter do I need a BUD to depressurize the fuel line?
    2a Are there 2ea? Need a part No. Gaskets? O rings?

3. Where is it located?

4. Air Filter Need a part no. ? Gaskets? O rings?

Saw utube on changing oil, have not come across anything for changing fuel filter.

Spyder Garage

Default cancel this I found the part no. on brp part link on this site...thanks!

thanks, sorry for inconvenience.

air filter 707800483
    fuel filter 709000100 OEM613044
    oil change kit 219800356

Spyder Garage

No, you do not need BUDS to depressurize the fuel system. Just let it sit for a few hours and be certain you have some rags to catch any gas when you remove the fuel filter from the fuel lines.

The online operator's guide for the 2016 RT shows that the fuel filter is scheduled to be changed at the 28K service. 1330 engines prior to the 2016 MY say 19K -- for the same filter by part number. Ask BRP why the difference and they'll tell you to ask your dealer. Don't bother asking how I know.

The part number for the fuel filter assembly is 709000684, $15.99, and includes the fuel filter and two Oetiker clamps, all you need to do the job. The fuel filter alone pn is 709000100, $16.99. The assembly price is cheaper than the total price of the individual parts. If you use the Oetiker clamps you should have Oetiker clamp pliers; I recommend Knipex Tools 10 99 i220 pliers, available on Amazon,
    https://www.amazon.com/Knipex-Tools-10-99-i220
    You can use automotive fuel injector clamps if you choose; don't know part numbers.

The fuel filter is on the R side vertically beneath the seat. Lots lots of Tupperware removal necessary, not difficult. Doc Humphries, Roadster Renovations has video for both air and fuel fuelter changes, https://www.roadsterrenovations.info/how-to-videos.

If you watch Shawn Smoak's video on the 1330 RT oil change,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeb...ature=youtu.be, you can see how to get to the air filter without having to remove the L rear side panel, very easy, just did it today.

Air filter PN is 707800483. Use a K&N CM-1314 if you choose. No other parts required.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by marty1096 View Post
    1. Oil change Kit

2. Fuel Filter do I need a BUD to depressurize the fuel line?
    2a Are there 2ea? Need a part No. Gaskets? O rings?

3. Where is it located?

4. Air Filter Need a part no. ? Gaskets? O rings?

Saw utube on changing oil, have not come across anything for changing fuel filter.

2. No, BUDS is unaffected. No need to depressurize, like Jay said, just have a rag handy and a little will squirt/drip out, but it's minimal. You can get replacement Oetiker clamps, but I'm not a fan. The easier and just as effective way is to go to any auto part store and buy screw clamps that are specifically for fuel injector fuel lines. I found the necessary variety pack was less than $4.

Plus, if you want, the fuel filter is nothing special and you could easily remove it and take it to the auto parts store and find an identical one for less $$. I bought the OEM prior to doing the job, only to receive it and discover it is a standard automotive style fuel filter.

As far as when to replace. 19k miles is okay if you fuel up and cheapy stations of questionable fuel quality or travel where the sources of gasoline are unknown. If you fuel up at Top Tier stations all the time, 28k is more reasonable. I travel a lot and I went to 30k, and when I changed the filter I found absolutely no difference in performance to hint at a reduced flow.

3. On the right side of the bike, as you sit on it. It is behind a frame rail about where your knees orient when seated. It's a relatively easy job, IMO.

4. No gaskets or O rings, just a filter. I always use OEM, because I'm not a fan of K&N filter products. However, many like them, so it's your call.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Oil and oil filter changed and fuel filter and air filter

Ok bike on lift table, on ramps and a sizzer jack to level bike. While I removed panels he removed drain plugs & dropped the oil and replaced o rings. Oil change piece of cake.
    Fuel filter replacement, replaced fuel filter used automotive clamps, it leaked. Found a hose slit in line with those bastard compression fittings. Decided to replace 2 hoses used, auto zone, took hoses with me for length. They cut em.
    Put new hose on still leaked. Hubby had a new Honda Goldwing fuel filter we installed that one. No leak.
    So it took us a little longer with trip to the store. However, the oil change only is a no brainer. Engineer seems to put fuel filter in as an after thought. Duhh "we forgot da space for filter, we will just stuff it in here." LOL
    When my friend gets back from trip we will do an oil change "only" for them.
    Actual mi at change was 19749. 1149 mi past due mi of 18600, Oil was really dirty. Will still change it at 27900 , even though early. Found some metal shavings on plug. Not enough to be concerned about. Ta da