Thread: Ultimate seat

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate seat

Question for anyone who has bought an Ultimate seat for their F3. If you didn't order it with the backrest, was the bracket for one already installed on the seat. I have Lamont's back rest from Ultimate so I don't need another. They told me on the phone I'd have to buy a bracket for the seat. The reason I ask is several riders that have the seat said it came with the bracket. Going down to Ormand Beach to pick it up on Thursday.

Thanks, Pat
    SIGPIC]2

2016 F3T Lamonster RIP boards, fog lights, Longhorn mirror lights, power plate. SpyderPops skid plate. Painted the silver air intake and grill.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Clark View Post
    Question for anyone who has bought an Ultimate seat for their F3. If you didn't order it with the backrest, was the bracket for one already installed on the seat. I have Lamont's back rest from Ultimate so I don't need another. They told me on the phone I'd have to buy a bracket for the seat. The reason I ask is several riders that have the seat said it came with the bracket. Going down to Ormand Beach to pick it up on Thursday.

Thanks, Pat
    The seat comes ready to receive a riders backrest. If you already have the backrest that Lamonster sells It needs the lower post switched out. They charge 45.00 for it but refund it back to you after you send them the lower post that is on your backrest. All the mounting hardware for the Lamonster seat will have to be removed and re install the 3 screws that were removed when you installed it. Next you will need to remove the locking post that locks the back seat down from your stock seat and install it on the Ultimate seat after a small adjustment per the instructions. Once that is done you install the new seat just like a regular motorcycle seat and the rear just locks in and can be removed with your key just as before. The backrest just goes in the hole and locks in place just like before.
    Last edited by AY4B; 04-10-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

If you are going to the location they sell the Ultimate seats, they will probably install it for you and switch out the lower post. If that is the case, you will not have to pay the 45.00 plus shipping. Make sure you take the 3 screws that were removed when you installed the Lamonster backrest. If you threw them away you will need to get new ones. probably but they will know what to do. The only difference in the screws is the length. Im guessing the Lamonster screws will work as long as you use the spacers that you needed for the Lamonster bracket.
    Last edited by AY4B; 04-10-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    If you are going to the location they sell the Ultimate seats, they will probably install it for you and switch out the lower post. If that is the case, you will not have to pay the 45.00 plus shipping. Make sure you take the 3 screws that were removed when you installed the Lamonster backrest. If you threw them away you will need to get new ones. probably but they will know what to do. The only difference in the screws is the length. Im guessing the Lamonster screws will work as long as you use the spacers that you needed for the Lamonster bracket.
    Thanks, Sounds like I need to do some digging for those screws before I head down Thursday.

Pat
    SIGPIC]2

2016 F3T Lamonster RIP boards, fog lights, Longhorn mirror lights, power plate. SpyderPops skid plate. Painted the silver air intake and grill.