Spyder Garage

Default wierd park brake fault

I’ve had an occasional fault with my F3 LTD where the park brake display remains ON no matter whether the brake switch is ON or OFF. When the fault occurs, if I try to switch the ignition OFF I get the alarm sounding telling me that the brake is not engaged even though the brake display is ON. Other times the brake remains engaged even though the light is OFF.
    To clear the problem so I can ride away, I have to disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Everything operates normally when the battery is reconnected.
    It could be anything from a few hours to a few weeks for the problem to recur.

Anyone heard of this problem?
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Spyder Garage

Default faulty sensor ?

it sounds like your sensor might be just enough out of alignment to cause the brake deals , if it isn`t , I would think the sensor itself is bad or going bad ! it is about 50 cents to make in the china market ( based on millions sold ) so it would not be to uncommon for one to give out every once in a while , sorry you have to have it ... hope it is an easy enough fix for you though

Spyder Garage

how old is your Spyder?

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    how old is your Spyder?
    2016, bought Feb 2017
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
    2016, bought Feb 2017
    I would get it in the dealer to adjust or replace whatever is causing that. Insist on it being covered under warranty.

Spyder Garage

Default Similar

My 2016 RTL would do the same thing, with the exception of having to disconnect the battery. I would let it beep and it would last about 45 seconds then stop on its own. This happen a few times then it got to the point that the parking brake would not engage or disengage without playing with the switch, this was very intermittent, and then it happen it would not disengage at all. Had manually disengage it, took it to the dealer where it was diagnosed with a faulty switch and replaced under warranty. I suggest you carry I believe it is a 13mm wrench just in case you need to release it before you get a dealer to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
    I’ve had an occasional fault with my F3 LTD where the park brake display remains ON no matter whether the brake switch is ON or OFF. When the fault occurs, if I try to switch the ignition OFF I get the alarm sounding telling me that the brake is not engaged even though the brake display is ON. Other times the brake remains engaged even though the light is OFF.
    To clear the problem so I can ride away, I have to disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Everything operates normally when the battery is reconnected.
    It could be anything from a few hours to a few weeks for the problem to recur.

Anyone heard of this problem?

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your replies.

I'm waiting for it to happen again so I can attempt to grab an error code. I've told the dealer that the problem is still here.
    Last time they couldn't recover the error code as it was several days since the incident and naturally, everything worked normally.

Grrr
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Spyder Garage

Hey Smokes, being that you're in Melbourne Aust, have you spoken to or taken it in to Terry at Mebourne SeaDoo??

Btw, once an error code has been generated, it may no longer be 'active' so that you or I can readily retrieve it, but I'm pretty sure that any Dealer Tech with access to BUDS should be able to recall it from the computer's memory.... and Terry is pretty switched on about all things to do with Spyders!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-10-2018 at 05:38 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks Peter
    Yep, that’s where I bought it. Terry is very knowledgeable on these vehicles. They could not recover any error codes. Maybe next time.

The other major dealer (and we know who that is don’t we?) are utterly and totally useless regarding anything to do with Spyders. Useless bunch of &@$#&@$
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Spyder Garage

Default mine also

Went to Conroe Powersports Conroe,Texas (don't use this dealership) they replaced the left handle bar housing with switch in it. And scratched my paint and broke a lot stuff on the bike. Any way it worked 2 days. Now I have an app. Tuesday at another dealer will get back with the progress. BRP should pull Conroe Powersports Dealership want a bunch of Aholes. It cost me money to get nothing do. One of the best bike's I have owned But nobody want's to service them.

Spyder Garage

Default P. Brake

Took my F3T to Team Mancuso Powersports North. They have had this problem before. they are going to replace the Control Gear Motor Includes 61 To 61b #278003071

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Just to clarify, as people sometimes get confused on this, when your parking brake is properly engaged the light is flashing. When there is brake fault the light stays on constant.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default YES

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Just to clarify, as people sometimes get confused on this, when your parking brake is properly engaged the light is flashing. When there is brake fault the light stays on constant.
    YES and the P brake will not release. On mine. This is the 2nd f3t 2016 he has fixed