Spyder Garage

Default B.E.S.T. coverage

I have a 14 RTS that I took into the dealer for a few issues prior to my coverage ending. One issue was the air suspension leaking down and another was a coolant leak.

The air suspension problem according to the dealer was a failed airbag.

The coolant leak was a faulty hose clamp.

I was informed both of these items were not covered under the B.E.S.T. warranty. I looked online and coverage listed is vague, does anyone have a specific listing of all covered items they could pass along? I would have thought both would be warrantied, but maybe I am wrong, just looking to verify those items are not covered.-Thanks.
    Lets ride!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why not call BRP and ask?

The air bag should be covered not sure about the other

Spyder Garage

My airbag, compressor(s) and associated fittings and hoses were covered under my B.E.S.T. warranty. The fittings an/or hoses can sometimes be the root of the problem, that is, if they are leaking, the compressor runs constantly and will eventually burn out. Don't know about the clamp, but in the overall scope of things, that should't cost very much to replace.
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 04-07-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    My airbag, compressor(s) and associated fittings and hoses were covered under my B.E.S.T. warranty. The fittings an/or hoses can sometimes be the root of the problem, that is, if they are leaking, the compressor runs constantly and will eventually burn out. Don't know about the clamp, but in the overall scope of things, that should't cost very much to replace.
    for the info. The clamp with labor and coolant is $105.00, airbag is a few hundred more. I may try to call BRP cust. svc. and see what their thoughts are. The B.E.S.T. info. regarding what they cover is vague, was hoping to get a more detailed list of items.-Thanks.
    Lets ride!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Typically, "wear" items (hoses, tires, brake pads) and normal maintenance items (filters) are not covered under warrantee. A loose hose clamp would fit this exclusion, however if you can prove it was defective (or came that way when new) and led to the air pump failure you may have a case. Might be an uphill climb though.

I have not seen a B.E.S.T. warrantee so don't know if they specify items not covered even if they don't fit one of the above conditions. You would have to check your policy.

Spyder Garage

I have a pdf of the contract with the terms you are looking for. PM me your email address and I will send you a copy. You can also request one from BRP as I did. Its too large to attach to a message in the forum.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I have a pdf of the contract with the terms you are looking for. PM me your email address and I will send you a copy. You can also request one from BRP as I did. Its too large to attach to a message in the forum.
    I appreciate your help.
    Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

Just reading my copy of BEST items covered and it is pretty vague. One of the specific items is "Vehicle stability system". One could conclude that the air bag is part of that system.....?
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Bear in mind that most insurance policies are written so as not to have to pay anything. Anyone that has collected on an insurance policy, be happy

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just had my airbag,lines and compressor replaced under BEST warranty. A friend of mine has too. I purchased the airbag protector from Roadster Renovations,a vendor on here and the tech installed it while it was apart. Find another dealer.