Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Gonna ride for the first time in cool weather this season...

...when I pick up my Spyder from the dealer, 50 miles away. Supposed to be 60 degrees on Thursday here in Warsaw/Fort Wayne IN. Gonna layer up, heated vest, winter gloves, chaps... did I mention I hate the cold weather here? If I get too hot, there is a fine gas station truck stop just out of FW on 30. Pull in, de-layer, get a drink, ride on! I envy you ryders who can ryde year-round.
    Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

Default sole mate is the "control point"

And she gives me a really solid "NOT RIGHT NOW" when it isn't looking like at least 60 is "very probable" during our ride
    Me alone, doesn't matter - cause it never happens except to get to the dealer if I "really" have to
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Just to take a "fun" ryde with the wife it has to be at least in the 50's, but since I also ryde with the Patriot Guard, we go in any weather conditions and the coldest I have done is 13 degrees!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Don't really like riding when it's anything below 40 degrees but we both have heated gear, the lowest we have ridden in was on a ride on New years Day and it never got above 27 degrees. My bride has heated gloves,pants and jacket and will take her snowmobile boots and ride her RT anytime I take mine out . The rain stops us before the cold.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default Cold

The coldest I have ever ridden in was from North Carolina to Pennsylvania years ago on a Yamaha 1100 special, with my son on the back. We were coming back from Florida, and when we got up the temp was 15. It stayed 15 the whole way home, and when we got off the bike at home in the garage, we couldn't straighten our knees. They were frozen, and we both walked around the garage laughing at each other. My son said, " Dad, that was fun, but I'll never do it again."
    Normally today, anything over 40 is doable.
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

Spyder Garage

Default home from key west

Last winter flew into Florida but after vacation was over I checked the forecast and decided to ryde home 2000 miles north the first week of Feb. rather than trying to deal with it being transported. Dropped the wife off in Orlando She had to be at work Monday the day after the super bowl. No gloves or winter clothes. Pulled in the driveway at about 8pm Monday it was close to the freezing mark. Coldest last Dec. went xmas shopping up north 77 miles all Interstate driving mid teens when I got home it took about 4 hours to warm up. That wind chill chart puts it around -10 or -20 I think Brrrrr
    2018 F3s , Gold

Spyder Garage

I've got some clothing that has made it easier to ride in colder weather (see signature pic)
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

On the Harley the lowest was 19°. I ride year-round here in Baltimore and since getting the Spyder last year the coldest ride has been 28°

The temp isn't the limiting factor, it's snow/ice.
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue