Spyder Garage

Default How to remove lettering

I am interested in decaling my 2015 F3. My F3 is the black and chrome package. There ae chrome sections around the fog light plate. In this chrome are the letter spelling out "Can-Am". The decal needs to cover that area. How can I safely remove these letters?

Also, I know LAMonster has lots of installation videos but they all seem to have the panels already removed. Anyone know where i can find a video on how to remove the majority of the panels?

Spyder Garage

Default Heat gun

You might be able to use a hair dryer on low fan and high heat? I bought a cheap heat gun from Harbor Freight. Once the whole sticker is hot it peals off really easy when you get the first corner up. I follow up with goo-off and a soft rag to remove glue debris. Then I wax the affected area.
    Good Luck

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CSRider View Post
    I am interested in decaling my 2015 F3. My F3 is the black and chrome package. There ae chrome sections around the fog light plate. In this chrome are the letter spelling out "Can-Am". The decal needs to cover that area. How can I safely remove these letters?

Also, I know LAMonster has lots of installation videos but they all seem to have the panels already removed. Anyone know where i can find a video on how to remove the majority of the panels?
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Hair dryer does the trick, just whipped mine off yesterday, doesn't take excessive amounts of heat neither.

Gentle heat then just pry them off with your fingernails.

Spyder Garage

Yes a hair dryer does good. Just stay away from the painted parts. Don't want to blister the paint. Neosporin is good to take glue off also. Just rub it on and wait a couple of minutes and wipe it off

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup! A hairdryer, and I've used WD-40 to remove any adhesive residue...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black