Spyder Garage

Default mods for riding one handed

Hello everybody,
    I'm new on here and wanting to get into the spyder world. But I only have the use of my right arm. I'm curious on what bit would take to move the left handed controls ( turn signal, horn, high low beam, gear selector) to the right side. I ride a yfz450 r quad for fun in the dirt but want to be able to ride down the road to! Thank you for any and all information and advice.
    God Bless and be safe!

Spyder Garage

Default Did you try...?

There is a forum here "Enabled Spyderlover" you can search or get in touch with some of those there...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke Wilkison View Post
    Hello everybody,
    I'm new on here and wanting to get into the spyder world. But I only have the use of my right arm. I'm curious on what bit would take to move the left handed controls ( turn signal, horn, high low beam, gear selector) to the right side. I ride a yfz450 r quad for fun in the dirt but want to be able to ride down the road to! Thank you for any and all information and advice.
    God Bless and be safe!
    This is from the UK Disabled riding site Some of the information may be useful

http://www.nabd.org.uk/adaptations/ArmDisabilities/
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Default There is a thread called

"Right handed controls only" that you might check out.

Hello everybody,
    God Bless and be safe!

Spyder Garage

Hello everybody,
    God Bless and be safe!
    Got to ask ... how can you steer hard to the right if there is no use of the left arm? (believe me I am not trying to be a smart so and so ... genuine question .... I am a lower left leg amputee and so specifically compensated for the same by buying the SE6 semi auto instead of a manual SM6)

As an aside, here in Australia (even with a doctors certificate) If you can't control a bike with 2 hands that's it .. you aren't allowed to ride ... The authorities here really cracked down on all this stuff after a whole heap of people were getting medical exemptions from wearing helmets .... (probably 20 years or so ago now) ...

Spyder Garage

and on your first post.

Cannot help you with the one handed driving information you requested. The recommendations to check out the "enabled Spyder" thread is a good one.

Control issues may be a problem here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red