Spyder Garage

Default Chinese GPS Review

I bought one of the $140 five inch Android Motorcycle GPS. Except for the fact that there is know way you can see this thing in the daylight, it worked pretty darn good. I'm keeping it because you can see it inside a vehicle, it's fairly easy to program, has a FM transmitter, plays stored music and is an Android tablet. If you are tempted to buy one for your bike, even though it comes with a shield I would not recommend it.

Spyder Garage

i have a magellan and cant see it on the spyder either my zumo works good

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    I bought one of the $140 five inch Android Motorcycle GPS. Except for the fact that there is know way you can see this thing in the daylight, it worked pretty darn good. I'm keeping it because you can see it inside a vehicle, it's fairly easy to program, has a FM transmitter, plays stored music and is an Android tablet. If you are tempted to buy one for your bike, even though it comes with a shield I would not recommend it.

I got one about a year ago. There are a few forms and youtube videos with tips and tricks. Since is is an android unit you and also load up other mapping programs and the FOBO app to monitor tire pressures. There is also an app to help boost the display brightness. You didn't mention which one you purchased. I got the Kardar unit. The touch screen sensitivity sucked until I ran across an online post. The reviewer said ti has multiple layers of film screen protectors that can be removed. I am not sure how many it may have but I did remove one and replace it with an extra one I cut from a tablet screen protector. Made a BIG difference in both visibility and sensitivity. I also made a sun shield for it. Not perfect but for the money and versatility of the Android OS I like it.

CJ JAX
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer.....

But there are some tricks to try...I have Garmin nuvi and it is so-so but mostly I go by the spoken directions...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Gps

This is one I purchased.

Spyder Garage

Default Had this one for two years

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post

This is one I purchased.
    It has a large visor and I can adjust it to angle out direct sunlight. I also found out two things to make it more visible. I have mine on my right handle bar and when I wear a black jacket it shows in bright sunlight much better. Second, I found I can see it best when I choose the NIGHT screen for daytime use.
    I have had trouble in Canada and the Smokies when my Google Maps was of no use, but this GPS has worked just fine EVERYWHERE.
    Another thing it does really well is when it's just "on" and not navigating it shows about 15 square miles of terrain. I can't tell you haw many times I discovered many interesting things just off the main highway that I would have no clue was there. No way my Google Maps sees this much terrain on the screen. It loads maps off the internet from the Harley site and can record and share routes. Everything the ZUMO does for only $125. At that price I consider it disposable if it fails.
    Dennis
    Last edited by Dennis in Lodi; 04-01-2018 at 06:45 PM.