Thread: PDM60 Install

Spyder Garage

Default PDM60 Install

I am installing a PDM60 on my 2015 F3s. I hooked the gray wire (IGN Switched) to the purple and yellow accessory wire under the left front compartment. This wire should be ignition switched correct. I am not getting any lights on the PDM60. Any help is appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Well, I'll admit to being either dense or at least very tired. PDM60?
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Rowe Electronics PDM-60 is a programmable fuse block. I don’t own one so I don’t know the extent of the “program” but outputs are changeable via a laptop and cord.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Spyder Garage

If I understand what they are correctly, a PDM60 is one of the latest Power Distribution Modules from Rowe Electronics(?) that's intended to make it easier to add extra circuits to your motorbike wiring harness, especially suitable for those machines that run a CanBus system. So if you like the analogy, it's sorta like a high tech version of the old style 'extra fuse block'. But I'm willing to stand corrected if I've got it all wrong - I haven't used or installed one of these things (yet?) so I'm sorry Moosemanj, I can't offer any help re the actual wiring....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know the wire you mean, it runs my heated vest...

Is it hot with ignition, or with engine on? I can't remember, but might work with engine on?

Spyder Garage

Default PDM60

Quote Originally Posted by Moosemanj View Post
    I am installing a PDM60 on my 2015 F3s. I hooked the gray wire (IGN Switched) to the purple and yellow accessory wire under the left front compartment. This wire should be ignition switched correct. I am not getting any lights on the PDM60. Any help is appreciated.

Yes, it is a Power Distribution Module. It has a delay that stops anything that is wired into it to not turn on, so that all power goes to starting the bike. When you shut the bike off, it allows you to program in a delay so that some things can remain on and after the time you set go by it will shut them off.

I was having some kind of phantom draw from my Farkles that was killing my battery, this is the best way I have found to stop any phantom draws.

I got it to work with the accessory port, using this wire, the accessories will not come on until after the bike is started, since this circuit does not become active until the engine is running. Joan mentioned that I could use the GPS circuit if I want them to come on after the ignition is switched on, but the bike is not started.

I am going to leave it on the accessory wire for now and see how it goes.