Thread: U-Fit question

Spyder Garage

Default U-Fit question

I have been pondering buying a left over F3L. Jason at IMotorsports has quoted me a pretty good deal on my Victory Vision trade that also includes free delivery and pick up. For those that have done the same or similar how did you get the correct handlebar and footboard placement when not there to be fitted by the u-fit system? Does the chart on the BRP web site work for most? Thanks.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wrb3004 View Post
    I have been pondering buying a left over F3L. Jason at IMotorsports has quoted me a pretty good deal on my Victory Vision trade that also includes free delivery and pick up. For those that have done the same or similar how did you get the correct handlebar and footboard placement when not there to be fitted by the u-fit system? Does the chart on the BRP web site work for most? Thanks.
    For me, I just told him my height and inseam. He was supposed to have it set up, but in the rush, it was shipped with the stock number 3 setting. When I called, he appologised and sent the correct ones out free to my home. Never any problem. When you give him your height and inseam, that will pretty much tell them what you need.
    Jason was great to work with, and when I buy another new bike, I will be calling him without question.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I will be picking up a new F3L within next week or two from a brick and mortar dealer. I have same issue. Dealer will be taking me thru the U Fit fitting process. I will share. If you change from stock position 3, you will at least need a different rear brake link ($78 as I recall). And probably need to make corresponding handlebar change which is also $$. I am 6’4” so I will likely need position 5. I’m hoping to rotate bars up enough to get by...at least at first. Stay tuned.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

Default if you from Position 3 to Position 2

hi, if you alter ufit from 3 to 2 , is there other (brake) modification/parts needed??

Quote Originally Posted by GaryinWI View Post
    I will be picking up a new F3L within next week or two from a brick and mortar dealer. I have same issue. Dealer will be taking me thru the U Fit fitting process. I will share. If you change from stock position 3, you will at least need a different rear brake link ($78 as I recall). And probably need to make corresponding handlebar change which is also $$. I am 6’4” so I will likely need position 5. I’m hoping to rotate bars up enough to get by...at least at first. Stay tuned.

Spyder Garage

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post
    hi, if you alter ufit from 3 to 2 , is there other (brake) modification/parts needed??

There is a brake rod for each position. They are like $40.00. If you have the SM6 you will also need the shifter rod.

Also check out the brake rod kit that Doc Humphries has...Roadster Renovations...he is a sponsor on this site. This kit allows you to move the pegs (or boards) into different positions without changing the brake rod. And it also allows you to adjust the height of the brake pedal. Wayne
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post

short answer is, no
    You will not need parts other than the Ufit rod for the brake side

As wrb3004 said, you will need a shifter rod if you have a manual
    With an SE6 you can move the left peg to put your foot where you want -the bolts have the super glue Can Am thread locker and can be a beyotch to loosen

if the brake pedal height works for you, the Ufit rod is all you need.
    If you find the brake pedal to be too high (as many of us do) the kit from Roadster Renovations will be a good choice as you can shorten/lengthen the peg placement as well as lower the pedal height.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Have a look at this link ... click on gender male or female, then put in your height in imperial or metric and there you go as far as the 1 of 5 riding positions that's supposed to all be pre installed before you buy ... https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/spyder-f3-fitment.html