Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: NEW WINDSHIELD

  1. #1
    Active Member slick999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Parkesburg,Pa
    Posts
    209

    Default NEW WINDSHIELD

    Purchased a windshield from 7JUROCK,got the dark tint 22 inch in height with the recurve.They will make any height you want and I like their windshields because they cut the vent openings like the stock windshield.You have to call them for the recurve or flip as they call it.Great people to work with and a good price.Now if the weather would warm up I could try it out,still snow on the ground as you can see in the pics.SDC11038.jpgSDC11040.jpg

  2. #2
    Very Active Member crazycanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    652

    Default

    nice, I always prefer tinted.....looks great on a white RT



  3. #3
    Active Member nhoj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Aurora Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Very nice. They do make a great shield. Fine people to deal with, great service.
    Marilyn 2015 RTS SE6 Red
    John 2015 F3S SE6 Silver

    previous:
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

  4. #4
    Very Active Member Chupaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    28,182

    Default Well...

    Hopefully soon... then you can review it for us.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California



    ​2012 RS sm5


  5. #5
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    45

    Default Very Nice!

    I've been thinking about doing the exact same thing but couldn't really picture how it would look.

    Now I know. It looks awesome!


    2017 Can-Am Spyder RT

  6. #6
    Active Member JP58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Columbus, WI
    Posts
    243

    Default

    I have the 7 Jurock 25" with curve on my RTS. Very nice but wish it had more of a curve to it.

  7. #7
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    28

    Default New Windshield

    Quote Originally Posted by slick999 View Post
    Purchased a windshield from 7JUROCK,got the dark tint 22 inch in height with the recurve.They will make any height you want and I like their windshields because they cut the vent openings like the stock windshield.You have to call them for the recurve or flip as they call it.Great people to work with and a good price.Now if the weather would warm up I could try it out,still snow on the ground as you can see in the pics.SDC11038.jpgSDC11040.jpg
    So how are you getting away with the tinted windshield and PA state inspection. I live in PA also and the inspection law does not allow for a tinted windshield if you have to look thru it to see the road at night. Curious to know.

  8. #8
    Active Member slick999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Parkesburg,Pa
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Due for inspection in May,will see what happens,I am talll and look over the windshield anyway,I have had tinted windshields on previous bikes with no problems with inspections.

  9. #9
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    28

    Default New Windshield

    Quote Originally Posted by slick999 View Post
    Due for inspection in May,will see what happens,I am talll and look over the windshield anyway,I have had tinted windshields on previous bikes with no problems with inspections.
    Please let me know how you make out and where you got the windshield from

    Thanks

  10. #10
    Active Member Jeffmal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Plantation,fl
    Posts
    66

    Default F4 shield installed today

    Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    Please let me know how you make out and where you got the windshield from

    Thanks
    I just installed my new 23” clear vented f4 windshield today. I have zero experience with any other windshield other than the short stock shield . After riding around for about an hour, I am loving it so far and I feel like I have a much improved ryde!
    Don from F4 was very helpful with my decision and the product seems to be well made!
    Last edited by Jeffmal; 03-28-2018 at 07:57 PM.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Monroe, NC
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slick999 View Post
    Purchased a windshield from 7JUROCK,got the dark tint 22 inch in height with the recurve.They will make any height you want and I like their windshields because they cut the vent openings like the stock windshield.You have to call them for the recurve or flip as they call it.Great people to work with and a good price.Now if the weather would warm up I could try it out,still snow on the ground as you can see in the pics.SDC11038.jpgSDC11040.jpg
    I just found the 7JUROCK website but don't see a recurve style available for the RTS. Where did you find it? I really love the look of that one.

  12. #12
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Calhoun, La
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Perhaps you can explain why the tinted windshield. What are night driving issues? But then most folks look over their windshields until it starts to rain. And if it rains at night while driving, is it safe to drive looking through a dark windshield? Just curious.

  13. #13
    SpyderLovers Sponsor F4 Customs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    413

    Default Thanks from F4 Customs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmal View Post
    I just installed my new 23 clear vented f4 windshield today. I have zero experience with any other windshield other than the short stock shield . After riding around for about an hour, I am loving it so far and I feel like I have a much improved ryde!
    Don from F4 was very helpful with my decision and the product seems to be well made!
    Appreciate the comment. You will also like the rain shedding, optics and ease of cleaning. Just paper towels and any glass cleaner will do.
    Ride Safe
    Don
    F4 Customs, LLC
    "The Motorcycle Windshield Folks"
    330-968-4644
    sales@f4customs.com
    www.f4customs.com
    Don Frank


  14. #14
    Active Member nhoj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Aurora Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NascarGuy View Post
    I just found the 7JUROCK website but don't see a recurve style available for the RTS. Where did you find it? I really love the look of that one.
    You have to call them to order the 'lip' or a custom height.
    Marilyn 2015 RTS SE6 Red
    John 2015 F3S SE6 Silver

    previous:
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

  15. #15
    Active Member slick999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Parkesburg,Pa
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NascarGuy View Post
    I just found the 7JUROCK website but don't see a recurve style available for the RTS. Where did you find it? I really love the look of that one.

    You have to call them about the recurve or as they call it a flip.They will also make any height you want.

  16. #16
    Active Member slick999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Parkesburg,Pa
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    Perhaps you can explain why the tinted windshield. What are night driving issues? But then most folks look over their windshields until it starts to rain. And if it rains at night while driving, is it safe to drive looking through a dark windshield? Just curious.

    It looks darker then it is,the day I took the pic it was cloudy.They also make a lighter tint.Yes I look over it but you can see thru it,I went with the tint to reduce the sun glare.If it ever warms up here and the salt gets off the roads I will try it out.I very seldom drive it at night.

  17. #17
    Very Active Member DGoebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Faribault, MN
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Slick999, Nice looking shield, now you gotta change your Avatar pic

    The tinted shield really looks good on the White RTL and makes the factory vents and chrome POP! Love that frontal view!
    Safe Rides, David and Sharon Goebel
    2013 RT Limited,
    Akrapovic Sport Silencer
    2014 right side grill and block-off plate
    Sena SM-10 w/ MC Dave cable and SMH-10's
    TricLED's Ultimate Safety Bundle Plus, Wide Vu Mirrors, Organizers,
    Multi Mount Dash Mount, Euro Horn,
    LED Head/Foglights

    PPA Widow 15 Wheels, Lamonster Wheel Balancers
    Squared Away
    Laser Aligned,
    Baja Ron's Bar and Links
    SC's HMT Tail/Turn light, BRP Plate frame and Swing Arm End Caps
    Magic Mirrors (Tether-free)
    IBA
    70020

  18. #18
    Very Active Member irvin48's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    mt morris il
    Posts
    809

    Default

    i have the light tint but they werent doing the flip back when i ordered. had one of their
    shields on the last 3 bikes. good people to deal with.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], doc's
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    7 jurock w/shield. brp comfort seat. led h/ls, fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and tricled wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

  19. #19
    Very Active Member DGoebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Faribault, MN
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Irvin, do you have any full frontal pics like slick999 posted, I'd like to see the difference in the tint's
    Safe Rides, David and Sharon Goebel
    2013 RT Limited,
    Akrapovic Sport Silencer
    2014 right side grill and block-off plate
    Sena SM-10 w/ MC Dave cable and SMH-10's
    TricLED's Ultimate Safety Bundle Plus, Wide Vu Mirrors, Organizers,
    Multi Mount Dash Mount, Euro Horn,
    LED Head/Foglights

    PPA Widow 15 Wheels, Lamonster Wheel Balancers
    Squared Away
    Laser Aligned,
    Baja Ron's Bar and Links
    SC's HMT Tail/Turn light, BRP Plate frame and Swing Arm End Caps
    Magic Mirrors (Tether-free)
    IBA
    70020

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Pleasanton California
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slick999 View Post
    Purchased a windshield from 7JUROCK,got the dark tint 22 inch in height with the recurve.They will make any height you want and I like their windshields because they cut the vent openings like the stock windshield.You have to call them for the recurve or flip as they call it.Great people to work with and a good price.Now if the weather would warm up I could try it out,still snow on the ground as you can see in the pics.SDC11038.jpgSDC11040.jpg
    How much$$$$, I'm Curious

  21. #21
    Active Member slick999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Parkesburg,Pa
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    How much$$$$, I'm Curious

    Their website is www7jurock.com,they have now added a pic of the flip or recurve and added it in the menu so you don't have to call if you want it.I pd 175.00 delivered and if you want a different height then what you see on the site they will make it for you.Like I said in a previous post great to work with.

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Monroe, NC
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slick999 View Post
    Their website is www7jurock.com,they have now added a pic of the flip or recurve and added it in the menu so you don't have to call if you want it.I pd 175.00 delivered and if you want a different height then what you see on the site they will make it for you.Like I said in a previous post great to work with.
    Did you notice a considerable difference in airflow with the "flip" or recurve? I had a recurve on my HD Ultra but the curve was more pronounced or defined.

  23. #23
    Very Active Member irvin48's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    mt morris il
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Irvin, do you have any full frontal pics like slick999 posted, I'd like to see the difference in the tint's
    not till i dig it out of the bag. cold and crappy here in nw ill.the light tint is not that noticeable.
    oops, found one from last year. not the best you can see a little tint.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by irvin48; 03-30-2018 at 08:38 AM.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], doc's
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    7 jurock w/shield. brp comfort seat. led h/ls, fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and tricled wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

  24. #24
    Very Active Member DGoebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Faribault, MN
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Thanks Irvin, I can see the tint, and also the contrast with the deep tint.
    Safe Rides, David and Sharon Goebel
    2013 RT Limited,
    Akrapovic Sport Silencer
    2014 right side grill and block-off plate
    Sena SM-10 w/ MC Dave cable and SMH-10's
    TricLED's Ultimate Safety Bundle Plus, Wide Vu Mirrors, Organizers,
    Multi Mount Dash Mount, Euro Horn,
    LED Head/Foglights

    PPA Widow 15 Wheels, Lamonster Wheel Balancers
    Squared Away
    Laser Aligned,
    Baja Ron's Bar and Links
    SC's HMT Tail/Turn light, BRP Plate frame and Swing Arm End Caps
    Magic Mirrors (Tether-free)
    IBA
    70020

  25. #25
    Active Member slick999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Parkesburg,Pa
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NascarGuy View Post
    Did you notice a considerable difference in airflow with the "flip" or recurve? I had a recurve on my HD Ultra but the curve was more pronounced or defined.

    Havn't had it out for a long enough ride yet,weather still bad here.Was decent yesterday but still a lot of salt/cinders on the roads.Did take it around the block and the airflow feels the same as the stock 25" shield,this one is 22" with the curve.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •