Spyder Garage

Default Got thru with some mainteance today and review on Solar Tire

Installed a new Yokohama S drive 205/55/15 along with all new bearings. All bearings looked good, but had 27000 miles on them and figured it was time. Took it out for a spin and all is well. Ran it up to around 100 mph and bike very stable. Now for the Solar tire from Walmart it was a 215/60/15. Would not recommend this tire for anybody. Handling was one of the biggest issues I had with this bike. I could run it up to around 85 and bike would be very unstable and rear end sway back in forth. Dry traction not good, wet was way bad. I kept it on to see how long it would last. Lasted around 18000 miles. Was beginning to think something was wrong with the sway arm. After putting the new tire on all is well and the Yokohama is handling great. Haven't tried it in the rain, but not worried as my wife use to run this on her bike and not hydro planing at all. So time to put some miles on her. New plugs, plug wires, new fuel hose and filter, new rear bearing and new tire. Really love the GS/RS Spyder. Might do a F3 one day, but no time soon.RS2.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the review....

Good to know.. You should be happy with the Yokohama. ..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black