Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

still wondering if someone could look at the sidewall of their Arachnid and see if it says anything about it being a "Special motorcycle tire" as it does on the Kendas

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TIRE LETTERING

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    still wondering if someone could look at the sidewall of their Arachnid and see if it says anything about it being a "Special motorcycle tire" as it does on the Kendas
    I'm sure they have a Web site or you can find pics of an actual tire ........PM Gene, aka " Chupaca " I know He has them ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

What gets me as they say motorcycle specified tire only. As Mike has stated a motorcycle rim design is different than the Spyder. A Spyder is not a motorcycle. Will never be a motorcycle with 3 wheels. Now if they had on the tire for Can Am Spyder use only I could buy that. I have nothing against what people want to run. I like my Yokohama, but that is my choice. Nothing to do with mileage at all. It handles great, dry and wet traction great. Just wished they would just realize Can Am Spyder has the same rim design as a car and not a motorcycle. I know mine isn't the OEM recommended size, but any 225/50/15 tire with the J rim design is equal to or better the the Kenda should no void the warranty. But this is right out of the manual. The tires have been specifically designed for the Spyder roadster. Use only the BRP recommended tires,which can be ordered only from an authorized Can-Amroadster dealer.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I'm sure they have a Web site or you can find pics of an actual tire ........PM Gene, aka " Chupaca " I know He has them ..... Mike

thanks,
    someone provided a link to their site. Nowhere could I find the answer or a sidewall pic.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Default What size of tire should I get for the rear??

I am new to buying tires for motorcycles, I am seeing a lot of posts recommending manufacturers for rear tires but not the sizes. My OEM rear tire is showing wear bars at 8000 miles. I have read that the size listed on the OEM does not match other manufacturers.

Looking for recommendations: tire name and, size.

Any comments would be helpfull

Spyder Garage

Default Details

Quote Originally Posted by fzyk47 View Post
    I am new to buying tires for motorcycles, I am seeing a lot of posts recommending manufacturers for rear tires but not the sizes. My OEM rear tire is showing wear bars at 8000 miles. I have read that the size listed on the OEM does not match other manufacturers.

Looking for recommendations: tire name and, size.

Any comments would be helpfull
    Please give us details on your Spyder, and I'm sure you'll have lots of opinions 😃
    It's a 21 now....,BUT I like being on top
    TricLed afterburnerz gen2
    BajaRon sway bar
    F4 customs SRT 28" Clear Wide

2011 RT limited , BajaRon plugs and custom wires Pearl white