Spyder Garage

Default Check Engine light

I have a 2011 RT
    Dead battery I jumped it off and got it on the battery tender now. It also has an engine code now. PO556 does not show up in the service manual. Can someone tell me what this code is and can I shut it off without taking it to the Dealer? Thank You.

Spyder Garage

ECM, brake pressure on CAN-BUS not valid
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

I got code from spyder codes app. I have android, and its still @ playstore. not updated anymore, free ,from an individual
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Default Try this

but the suggested checks are : check fuse F5 and the brake light switch and sensors in the system. If this does not solve the problem then you will need BUDS at the dealer to look into it. Make sure you have the computers re-set. Turn her off, remove the key, let it sit for half hour or so then return to check.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

OK Thank You. So it not from a Dead Battery

Spyder Garage

I checked the brake fluid and it good and clean. I pump the brakes up the pedal did seem a little soft. Started the engine. Check engine light is off. Look like I'll be bleeding the brakes ASAP. THX for your help Mens

Spyder Garage

Be sure and check the brake fluid level. Spyders are notorious for throwing brake codes enne the brake fluid level is low by even a teaspoon or so.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CMA/IBA_rider View Post
    Look like I'll be bleeding the brakes ASAP.
    And shopping for a new battery ??