Thread: back rest

Spyder Garage

Default back rest

I am looking for a new or used RTL drivers backrest. does any one have one for sale or do you have any suggestions where to buy a new one. thanks

Spyder Garage

I ordered mine from Value Accessories (forum sponsor) and am pleased with the choice. On the forum home page, click Value Accessories, then click Can Am Spyder accessories in the yellow bar on the left. Then click the photo labeled Seats/DR Backrest/Etc. followed, on the next screen, by Smart Mount Backrest.

I chose the small pad backrest and it's entirely acceptable but if I had it to do over I'd select the large pad. My wife's RT Limited came with the Can-Am large backrest and it's a bit more supportive and thus more comfortable. Having said that, we just finished a 2100 mile trip and both backrests made the trip a piece of cake.

By the way, the installation was not complicated but it is necessary to remove the saddle. I would suggest being very careful about not dropping the two nuts holding the saddle on or, even more importantly (how do I know?) the two metal sleeves inside the saddle hinge points. One of the great truths is that one will never located the missing item until after replacements have been ordered and received.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I ordered mine from Value Accessories (forum sponsor) and am pleased with the choice. On the forum home page, click Value Accessories, then click Can Am Spyder accessories in the yellow bar on the left. Then click the photo labeled Seats/DR Backrest/Etc. followed, on the next screen, by Smart Mount Backrest.

I chose the small pad backrest and it's entirely acceptable but if I had it to do over I'd select the large pad. My wife's RT Limited came with the Can-Am large backrest and it's a bit more supportive and thus more comfortable. Having said that, we just finished a 2100 mile trip and both backrests made the trip a piece of cake.

By the way, the installation was not complicated but it is necessary to remove the saddle. I would suggest being very careful about not dropping the two nuts holding the saddle on or, even more importantly (how do I know?) the two metal sleeves inside the saddle hinge points. One of the great truths is that one will never located the missing item until after replacements have been ordered and received.
    +1 on dropping a nut or sleeve down the black hole. Put a shop rag or paper in ALL the holes back there so you don't lose anything important. Yes,I know this from not doing it

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ndspyderlover View Post
    I am looking for a new or used RTL drivers backrest. does any one have one for sale or do you have any suggestions where to buy a new one. thanks
    Utopia backrests http://www.utpr.com/spyderrtcomfort.html
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post

thanks for the advice. I just ordered one from Value accessories.