Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket exhaust recommendations

Just purchased a 2011 spyder RT Limited and I feel the stock exhaust is just to quiet. I’m looking for a slip on in the aftermarket that has a racy sound but not extremely loud, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Default Already shopping....

I like the Yoshimura R77. Comes with an extra baffle if too loud. Check YouTube for some sound clips....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MUFFLER SOUND

Quote Originally Posted by jabarger1 View Post
    Just purchased a 2011 spyder RT Limited and I feel the stock exhaust is just to quiet. I’m looking for a slip on in the aftermarket that has a racy sound but not extremely loud, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi again ..... I've owned Spyders for 9 years now ( 3 ) ..... Changing to anything other than stock ( even the BRP Akrapovic muffler ) is a very iffy thing sound wise ...... Unless you hear the muffler on your Model the likelihood of it meeting your level of enjoyment is slim ...... Most if not all Aftermarket mufflers are a lot louder than stock or the Akrapovic ...... That being said as far as it being a performance improvement - well I've never heard of a seller of any of them giving " DYNO " numbers to back up their claims .....Why ?? because I've never read any reports here or anywhere else ( and I've looked )...... Down the road you will learn that the BRP computer systems that control your Spyder are so designed, that they pretty much cancel your attempts at performance improvements..... The only exception that I believe work are the folks at Monster Tune & the Guy in Australia ( Jeff ? ) who can actually ...RE-PROGRAM ... the BRP computer itself ...... check the Advanced search box for them ...lots of interesting reading ...... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-21-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

I've got the Two Bros black series muffler. I love the sound, it's a lot deeper and sounds like the vtwin should. I did have the cat bypass but it was really raspy with the stock muffler. I didn't want it too loud because the missus rides 90% of the time with me. the Two Bros was just right. Plus you can get a baffle to quiet it down if you need too.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Spyder Garage

Default I went with a pipe from spydermanexhaust.com

He was at the Spyders in the hills rally last fall in Texas. Pretty well made since he makes each pipe himself by hand out of stainless and they sound nd great ..! Also gets rid of the “cat”. Just my opinion....
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Just bought 2011 with a two brothers on it. Nice sound. Not extremely loud to me. My buddy who has a goldwing says it's loud, but I like it
    2011 rt , Viper Red

Spyder Garage

Default Yoshimura R77 muffler for 2010-2013 RT Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by jabarger1 View Post
    http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/product/...19350e0220.asp

I had this Yoshimura R77 muffler on my 2011 RT Spyder that had a great sound.
    I have a RS Yoshimura R77 muffler on my 2015 F3S Spyder (modified inlet to fit sidewinder exhaust pipe), that I really like the deep mellow sound of, a little loud with Lamont bypass/Thunder baffle, but quiet on freeway, (31,600 miles on F3 now).
    Enjoy.
    Jim