Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default NASCAR Spyder rides

Starting about April 10, 2018, my Spyder and I will be in Bristol, Richmond and Talladega for races on the weekends.
    Hopefully the weather will allow some rides during the week.

I'll buy lunch for anybody who will show me a good place to eat........that isn't TOO far from the track.

Spyder Garage

Default Nascar Races

What about Darlington SC? We will be there in September with my spyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Starting about April 10, 2018, my Spyder and I will be in Bristol, Richmond and Talladega for races on the weekends.
    Hopefully the weather will allow some rides during the week.

I'll buy lunch for anybody who will show me a good place to eat........that isn't TOO far from the track.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by okicovingtons View Post
    What about Darlington SC? We will be there in September with my spyder.
    Won't make Darlington this year.

I like to do my races at least two at a time and Darlington doesn't match up with anything else I want to do this year.

My toy hauler only gets about 8 MPG.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I lived in Richmond for four long years back in the 70's and never found a restaurant I would recommend and here is why:

A restaurant on the West End was advertising "Mexican food coming to the South" for weeks. Back then it was very unusual to find Mexican food anywhere in the East so we (my co-workers and I) headed out with mouths watered. I ordered a burrito - pretty classic Mexican food and difficult to screw up. It came.....covered in gravy!

That experience was almost as bad as going to a Chinese restaurant in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and being served cornbread as an appetizer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    A restaurant on the West End was advertising "Mexican food coming to the South" for weeks.
    NEWS FLASH: Mexican food has arrived. All over the southeast and eastern seaboard coast.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

NEWS FLASH: Mexican food has arrived. All over the southeast and eastern seaboard coast.
    Here is how I began my post in the event you skipped over it: "I lived in Richmond for four long years back in the 70's.....".

I don't imagine Mexican food in the East is anything to brag about.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here is how I began my post in the event you skipped over it: "I lived in Richmond for four long years back in the 70's.....".

I don't imagine Mexican food in the East is anything to brag about.
    I know it's been a long time but.........a LOT of people in Richmond would be really upset with you characterizing them as "the East" instead of " the South".

And the food is pretty much the same all over, at least in my experience.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I know it's been a long time but.........a LOT of people in Richmond would be really upset with you characterizing them as "the East" instead of " the South". They are east of me and I am south of them. I never really cared much for what Richmonders/Virginians thought. They are a very "unique" bunch. Still fighting a losing battle 150+ years after it ended. Happiest day of my life was Richmond in my rear view mirror.

And the food is pretty much the same all over, at least in my experience. You don't appear to have much 'experience'.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

.You don't appear to have much 'experience'...
    Quite the contrary. I've had "Mexican food" from coast to coast and border to border......and a LOT of it IS pretty much the same.

Now.....you don't have to agree with that but throwing around insults isn't nice.