Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Utah Pete, regarding your thread on news reporter...

I guess it was pulled. The only news person I listen to, if you want the uncensored truth, is John Oliver. He is a true patriot from from G.B.

I have been meaning to ask if you watch the tv series Homeland?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes; it was removed.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I guess it was pulled. The only news person I listen to, if you want the uncensored truth, is John Oliver. He is a true patriot from from G.B. I have been meaning to ask if you watch the tv series Homeland?
    I don't watch Homeland, no. What network carries it?

I don't understand what was objectionable about the thread. I thought it was interesting that a Fox News insider was accusing that network of pushing inflammatory propaganda, not news. Whatever.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

It’s on Showtime. The first few seasons were very very good. Last season and this season have gone off the rails a bit but thematically it’s interesting because they are trying to take on information warfare, Alex Jones/Hannity/Russia and how America is being torn apart from the inside.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I don't watch Homeland, no. What network carries it?

I don't understand what was objectionable about the thread. I thought it was interesting that a Fox News insider was accusing that network of pushing inflammatory propaganda, not news. Whatever.

Any guess on my part would be pure speculation regarding your thread. As for Homeland, it's on Showtime; however, I use my Android tv box to pirate (for lack of a better word) the series. It doesn't cost me anything to watch all the premium channels you normally pay for.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Any guess on my part would be pure speculation regarding your thread. As for Homeland, it's on Showtime; however, I use my Android tv box to pirate (for lack of a better word) the series. It doesn't cost me anything to watch all the premium channels you normally pay for.
    Hmmm. How does that work? We stream Netflix, Amazon Prime and CBS and don't get anything else.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 03-21-2018 at 05:40 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A quick google uncovered links to this fox event.

Interesting that an article about a news analyst leaving fox is pulled - likely because it's "political" - says it all, really.

Spyder Garage

Hmmm. How does that work?
    All you need is an internet connection, and an Android tv box connected to your cable ready tv. I ordered my 2 Android boxes from China. If you purchase the boxes here in the States with the apps/add-ons included, they charge about $200. Guess how much the apps/add-ons cost. They cost nothing. So, I downloaded Kodi (that's what I would call the brain of the system) and all the add-ons I wanted for zero dollars. You can also get current in theater movies; but, some of them are from hand held cams, and the quality is not good, others are close to excellent.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All you need is an internet connection, and an Android tv box connected to your cable ready tv. I ordered my 2 Android boxes from China. If you purchase the boxes here in the States with the apps/add-ons included, they charge about $200. Guess how much the apps/add-ons cost. They cost nothing. So, I downloaded Kodi (that's what I would call the brain of the system) and all the add-ons I wanted for zero dollars. You can also get current in theater movies; but, some of them are from hand held cams, and the quality is not good, others are close to excellent.
    Is yours one of these? https://www.fabathome.org/best-android-tv-box/
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

No. I buy from here:

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/sea...mesearch201403

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    A quick google uncovered links to this fox event.

Interesting that an article about a news analyst leaving fox is pulled - likely because it's "political" - says it all, really.
    I requested that it be pulled. In the thread title: Pete referred to the subject of the story as as "Patriot".
    This could have been an interesting discussion, but he set it up as this fellow being the only honest reporter at Fox.
    That's just insulting...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I requested that it be pulled. In the thread title: Pete referred to the subject of the story as as "Patriot".
    This could have been an interesting discussion, but he set it up as this fellow being the only honest reporter at Fox.
    That's just insulting...
    He is a retired Army Lt. Col. from the intelligence services. He was offended by Fox news' deliberate distortions of truth. Don't you think that's interesting?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's just insulting...
    It may be "just insulting" - or it may be largely true !

Without discussion - with censorship based on one adjective - we will never know, will we?

Anyone who believes in the impartiality of the press is naive. Anyone who gets all their news from any one source is inane. Anyone who gives up objectivity for knee-jerk reactions is doomed. Time will tell.......

If alarm bells don't ring when a right wing news analyst quits because partisan reporting has morphed into propaganda, even too unbalanced for him, then we are all doomed.
    Last edited by loisk; 03-21-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

That's just insulting...

That was his opinion, insulting or not. Are we not allowed opinions here? Maybe I missed it, was the thread you had pulled political in nature.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    It may be "just insulting" - or it may be largely true !

Without discussion - with censorship based on one adjective - we will never know, will we?

Anyone who believes in the impartiality of the press is naive. Anyone who gets all their news from any one source is inane. Anyone who gives up objectivity for knee-jerk reactions is doomed. Time will tell.......

If alarm bells don't ring when a right wing news analyst quits because partisan reporting has morphed into propaganda, even too right wing for him, then we are all doomed.
    Well said, Lois. How can a news report about this very well qualified analyst be offensive? How can truth be offensive? Beats hell out of me.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

He is a retired Army Lt. Col. from the intelligence services. He was offended by Fox news' deliberate distortions of truth. Don't you think that's interesting?
    Is the the “expert” that fired the armalite rifle in normal semi-automatic and then by pulling the trigger faster fired it in “fully semi-automatic” for CNN’s fake news story?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

His entire premise for the thread, was to insult opposing viewpoints. We didn't need another flamefest...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-21-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cal777 View Post
    Is the the “expert” that fired the armalite rifle in normal semi-automatic and then by pulling the trigger faster fired it in “fully semi-automatic” for CNN’s fake news story?
    I have no idea what you're talking about; is this related to the story about the Fox News analyst in some way?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

His entire premise for the thread, was to insult opposing viewpoints.
    Well, I find that statement about my 'premise' very inaccurate at best and thin-skinned at worst.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That was his opinion, insulting or not. Are we not allowed opinions here? Maybe I missed it, was the thread you had pulled political in nature.
    Just google Fox News analyst quits - not a political post but perhaps too topical for some?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

His entire premise for the thread, was to insult opposing viewpoints. We didn't need another flamefest...
    What?

The "premise" for the thread was to pass on a newsworthy item. As the original thread was pulled, the rest is speculation only...

What opposing viewpoint? that the news analyst didn't quit?

Forget it, I'm out of here

I'm back - is the opposing viewpoint, challenging which so insulted you, that Fox News is objective, balanced reporting? ........
    Last edited by loisk; 03-21-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Spyder Garage

It seems to be getting warmer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, I find that statement about my 'premise' very inaccurate at best and thin-skinned at worst.
    I requested that it be pulled, because I could see the scrap-storm that it would cause. It turns out that I was right!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah - And I'm sure that you would have also requested that it be pulled if it involved an analyst quitting at MSNBC and complaining that MSNBC is nothing but propaganda, right? Sure....... We don't need another flamefest when it involves a news story you're unhappy with. Otherwise, pile on, right?
    Bert

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I requested that it be pulled, because I could see the scrap-storm that it would cause. It turns out that I was right!
    Bob I think you should be pleased that defenders of democracy are protesting blatantly discriminatory censorship of ideas.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 03-21-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum