Thread: Gas Cap & Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Gas Cap & Seat

Someone posted a picture several months back of a cut-out on a seat that was just removed so that you could fill without lifting seat. It was nota full-fledged cap like the bully door, merely an insert that looked like it was upholstered with maybe a chain or Velcro to keep it in place. I've done several searches but have not come up with the pic any clue?
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Are you talking about the one where they just cut the back of the seat and could create a fold back to allow access to the fuel cap?
    Motorcycle Dave refers to this here http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=1#post1145409
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FUEL --- FLAP SEAT

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Are you talking about the one where they just cut the back of the seat and could create a fold back to allow access to the fuel cap?
    Motorcycle Dave refers to this here http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=1#post1145409
    I used to do the Gas Door on seat thing ( as a vendor ) and still think it's the better way to go for these two reasons #1. - cutting ONLY the seat pan plastic is EXTREMELY difficult to do, I live way outside the Box and will try almost anything, however I wouldn't have the nerve to try this method ( and I'm the gut who cut his FiberGlass car in half ) #2. - The seat material is pretty sturdy, but I don't think it can survive using it as a Hinge ..... jmho .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Then there was this.....

Found only pictures but you can get the idea...
    images (1).jpeg images.jpeg
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Found only pictures but you can get the idea...
    images (1).jpeg images.jpeg
    That's a Corbin Seat with their fuel door. They don't sell that fuel door cover as an install for stock seats or non-corbin seats.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I used to do the Gas Door on seat thing ( as a vendor ) and still think it's the better way to go for these two reasons #1. - cutting ONLY the seat pan plastic is EXTREMELY difficult to do, I live way outside the Box and will try almost anything, however I wouldn't have the nerve to try this method ( and I'm the gut who cut his FiberGlass car in half ) #2. - The seat material is pretty sturdy, but I don't think it can survive using it as a Hinge ..... jmho .... Mike
    You mean like this?
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...?65326-Can-you

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Nope, wasn't the fold back one, nor the door, maybe was dreaming searched again last night. It was more like an upholstered plug that pulled out, just don't recall how or even if it was attached. Will keep digging, thanks guys.
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default gas door seat flap

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    Nope, wasn't the fold back one, nor the door, maybe was dreaming searched again last night. It was more like an upholstered plug that pulled out, just don't recall how or even if it was attached. Will keep digging, thanks guys.
    The link you were given was the one you are looking for ...... to save your time go to post #73 on that LINK ..... that's the best descriptive pics ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    Tyris, Besides the fold back one, or the bully racing style door like Mike's done, the Corbin seat has the only other design that sounds like what you're describing. Someone DID create a upholstered flap cover for the Bully racing style Fuel door. This is a mod I've been researching since the fall of 2016 so I've been through hundred's of posts about the options.
    IF you do find something different than the links above, please update this thread.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Gas Cap

Check the U-do-it page on Inspector Gadgets site (http://www.spyderrt.info/home). He has installation directions and a link to purchase the fuel door.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyspyder View Post
    Check the U-do-it page on Inspector Gadgets site (http://www.spyderrt.info/home). He has installation directions and a link to purchase the fuel door.
    Yep, that's the bully racing style door like Mike's done, with the extra flap, that the OP doesn't want. Many, Many threads here on how to do that. Lot's of hot needles etc. But doesn't give the upholstered covered door look they're asking about.
    Last edited by DGoebel; 03-22-2018 at 05:40 PM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020