Spyder Garage

Default LAMONSTER NBV brackets & pegs

Well, installed the brackets and pegs today and man what a difference they make. Went for a short putt to test them out and I think they are going to be the hot ticket for my 6'1" frame. Lets me stretch out a bit more and the stock handlebars still fit me good. A big to Lamonster! Mac

Spyder Garage

Agree completely. I mounted a set just before we left on a two week 2100 mile Spyder trip from San Antonio to Arizona and return. The NBV brackets and pegs made a world of difference. My bride's Spyder has Seal floorboards and she's happy with them; I like the Lamonster setup. We're both happy.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up NBV Mounts and Pegs

I too ordered a set of NBV mounts and pegs from Lamonster along wih a few other goodies. Got them installed just before my surgery. Sitting on the bike they felt good, have not test ride yet as I have a while yet recovering from surgery before I can ride.

Will give them a good try while going to Pateros Wa for the PAC NW Spyder fest and Later to NorCal. Others in our club have them and gave the thumbs up!
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

I'm very happy with mine. One reason I went for the base model RT was the footpegs instead of floorboards. I am one of the rare few who does not like floorboards on my bikes and the NBV pegs work great for stretching on a long ride.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I'm very happy with mine. One reason I went for the base model RT was the footpegs instead of floorboards. I am one of the rare few who does not like floorboards on my bikes and the NBV pegs work great for stretching on a long ride.

There is a guy in Quebec who also makes footrests?

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Pegs

Just might check out these PEGS. Thanks for the TIP.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    Just might check out these PEGS. Thanks for the TIP.
    I believe that the site is.. spyderchrome.net

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    I too ordered a set of NBV mounts and pegs from Lamonster along wih a few other goodies. Got them installed just before my surgery. Sitting on the bike they felt good, have not test ride yet as I have a while yet recovering from surgery before I can ride.

Will give them a good try while going to Pateros Wa for the PAC NW Spyder fest and Later to NorCal. Others in our club have them and gave the thumbs up!
    Can relate to the surgery thing. Had about 1/3 of the bone removed in my left foot. Good luck with the healing process and hope you get back to riding soon! Mac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I've only owned one other bike that had foot boards ('02Yamaha Roadstar 1600). Had severely broken right leg and reconstructed left foot, hence the Spyder, I don't really care for foot boards much, Way back when, I could dance around on pegs much better and felt more connected to the bike. But it is what it is. Mac

Spyder Garage

Default Questions About Highway Pegs ...

Question 1, I thought I wanted the Lamonster NBV pegs. However, the Spyderchrome web site (identified above) has highway pegs that seem to be identical to those sold by LaMonster, specifically Spyderchrome's RPL model, but what Spyderchrome says concerns me: "Suitable for people of height 5'-2" to 5'-7" with standard seat or comfort seat 5'-8" to 5'-9". I'm 6'-4" and have the standard seat ... that would put me fully nine inches (9") beyond what Spyderchrome says their pegs are suitable for. Nine inches is a pretty significant difference to take a chance on an expensive item like this. Would I be wasting my time and money installing these things? Or, are the ones Lamonster sells actually different and what Spyderchrome says doesn't apply to them? What else do tall people use?!?

Question 2, alternatively I've looked at the Lamonster FBB highway pegs, which presumably could be adjusted farther forward for tall people. Lamonster's video says it's an easy install -- maybe so, but not if you don't have a right-angle drill or ramps and the right clamp. It seems silly, awkward and unnecessary to be drilling upward anyway. It's a heckuva lot easier to drill downward. All that would be needed is a simple paper or cardboard guide to slip into the TOP of the floorboard to mark where to drill DOWN so the holes match up with the holes in the bracket. This would eliminate ALL the special tools. You could make a guide by taking off the rubber mats, making a piece of paper in the shape of the floorboard that would be used to mark where to drill the holes DOWNWARD. Lamonster obviously hasn't done this, but does anybody else have a guide that I could use?

Alternatively, you wouldn't need a guide if the brackets didn't come pre-drilled. You could clamp down the bracket and drill down through BOTH the floorboard AND the brackets.

Question 3, my Spyder is a 2017 model. With any of the various highway pegs available, would I need the Upper Right Radiator Block Off Plate or is that just needed for the earlier models?
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Question 1, I thought I wanted the Lamonster NBV pegs. However, the Spyderchrome web site (identified above) has highway pegs that seem to be identical to those sold by LaMonster, specifically Spyderchrome's RPL model, but what Spyderchrome says concerns me: "Suitable for people of height 5'-2" to 5'-7" with standard seat or comfort seat 5'-8" to 5'-9". I'm 6'-4" and have the standard seat ... that would put me fully nine inches (9") beyond what Spyderchrome says their pegs are suitable for. Nine inches is a pretty significant difference to take a chance on an expensive item like this. Would I be wasting my time and money installing these things? Or, are the ones Lamonster sells actually different and what Spyderchrome says doesn't apply to them? What else do tall people use?!?

Question 2, alternatively I've looked at the Lamonster FBB highway pegs, which presumably could be adjusted farther forward for tall people. Lamonster's video says it's an easy install -- maybe so, but not if you don't have a right-angle drill or ramps and the right clamp. It seems silly, awkward and unnecessary to be drilling upward anyway. It's a heckuva lot easier to drill downward. All that would be needed is a simple paper or cardboard guide to slip into the TOP of the floorboard to mark where to drill DOWN so the holes match up with the holes in the bracket. This would eliminate ALL the special tools. You could make a guide by taking off the rubber mats, making a piece of paper in the shape of the floorboard that would be used to mark where to drill the holes DOWNWARD. Lamonster obviously hasn't done this, but does anybody else have a guide that I could use?

Alternatively, you wouldn't need a guide if the brackets didn't come pre-drilled. You could clamleg room.p down the bracket and drill down through BOTH the floorboard AND the brackets.

Question 3, my Spyder is a 2017 model. With any of the various highway pegs available, would I need the Upper Right Radiator Block Off Plate or is that just needed for the earlier models?
    I have the '14 RTL and I am 6'1" tall. My machine is basically stock ( seat & bars). I was apprehensive about buying the NBV brackets due to the fact, I tried placing my feet up on the "splash guards" and felt it really did not give me that much more leg room. I thought about the foot board brackets and pegs because they were cheaper, but thought the NBV brackets mounted in a better location and their was no drilling to do, so I went with them. I have not been able to go on a long ride as of yet, due to the salt/sand that's on our roadways here and it needs to warm up at least 15 deg. more, But after the install, which went very well and I did not have to do any modifications to the bike and everything went back together the same as when it came apart, so as I sat on the bike and put my feet up on the pegs, I felt like they gave me considerably more room and my reach to the handle bars was the same and I did not feel "cramped-up" or bent over. So as I can tell right now, they will be quite comfortable when riding season starts for us. I have to admit, my Spyder is more comfortable than my GoldWing was at this moment in time. Time and miles will tell.

Question #2- I used just the NBV brackets only. I did not get the "angled" bracket extension. For me the standard kit worked, but you are 3" taller than myself. Don't know if you are longer legged, or taller in the torso. you might want to get the extra brackets and if you don't use them, send them back.

Question #3- The block off plate I believe is not needed on the newer RT's as of the'14 model year and newer, because they have the 1330cc engines in them.
    Hope all of this helps and good luck! Mac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    I have the '14 RTL and I am 6'1" tall. My machine is basically stock ( seat & bars). I was apprehensive about buying the NBV brackets due to the fact, I tried placing my feet up on the "splash guards" and felt it really did not give me that much more leg room. I thought about the foot board brackets and pegs because they were cheaper, but thought the NBV brackets mounted in a better location and their was no drilling to do, so I went with them. I have not been able to go on a long ride as of yet, due to the salt/sand that's on our roadways here and it needs to warm up at least 15 deg. more, But after the install, which went very well and I did not have to do any modifications to the bike and everything went back together the same as when it came apart, so as I sat on the bike and put my feet up on the pegs, I felt like they gave me considerably more room and my reach to the handle bars was the same and I did not feel "cramped-up" or bent over. So as I can tell right now, they will be quite comfortable when riding season starts for us. I have to admit, my Spyder is more comfortable than my GoldWing was at this moment in time. Time and miles will tell.

Question #2- I used just the NBV brackets only. I did not get the "angled" bracket extension. For me the standard kit worked, but you are 3" taller than myself. Don't know if you are longer legged, or taller in the torso. you might want to get the extra brackets and if you don't use them, send them back.

Question #3- The block off plate I believe is not needed on the newer RT's as of the'14 model year and newer, because they have the 1330cc engines in them.
    Hope all of this helps and good luck! Mac

Check SPYDERPOP for (The block off plate) 2010-13

Spyder Garage

UPDATE- Went for my first shake down run of the season today. I used my highway pegs and can say this, I wish I would have bought them the first year I had the machine. I hate to admit this, but I am more comfortable on this machine than I was with the highway pegs on my '03 Goldwing. That being said, at first I was going to have my seat modified so I could sit back a little farther, but I knew it would take away from my wife's comfort, so I just dealt with the cramped up riding position. With these pegs it gave me just enough "stretch-out" leg room that I'm happy and she's still happy and as they say" happy wife, happy life". Also since I replaced the front tires with the Conti's (another thread), the machine is buttery smooth with no vibration or pulling in the handle bars what so ever. I think it's starting out to be a great riding season! Mac P.S. Hope everyone has met up and having a good time at the "FEST"!

Spyder Garage

Default FBB Here

We have a 2013 RTL . I love them a little on the wide side but helps me stretch out a little and cool my right leg need to do a little fine tuning on them but we both love them. to Lamonster also

Dave