Spyder Garage

Default FIRST START OF THE YEAR.

To day was the first day I had a chance to start the RT . I let is run for 30min. Just wondering should I change the oil. I only put 1500 miles on it sense the last year change last year. Any way guys be safe out there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on waking her up!!
    There's no need to change the oil: just get those tires out on the road, and start having some FUN!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    on waking her up!!
    There's no need to change the oil: just get those tires out on the road, and start having some FUN!

I agree,was tempted to do the same thing yesterday,was 55 deg here.But we are suppose to get dumped on again today and tomorrow with 10 more inches of snow,4th noreaster.Will it ever end.Fed Ex delivering new windshield today,at least I can put it on and imagine.Come on summer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess that the next 24 hours in the Northeast; will set the tone for our Spring...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default OIL CHANGE

Quote Originally Posted by MOSESS View Post
    To day was the first day I had a chance to start the RT . I let is run for 30min. Just wondering should I change the oil. I only put 1500 miles on it sense the last year change last year. Any way guys be safe out there.
    I believe once Oil in the engine becomes contaminated ( from use ) it starts to deteriorate......However that does not apply to the Oil Filter. That will be OK even the small amount of Oil that might be in it ( most will drain if you drain the engine and trans. ) will not ruin the new oil....... I change my oil twice during the riding season but only once for the filter ......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

The weather is killing me here in north jersey. I cant move the Rt due to a stack of sheet rock in the way. I am redoing the garage and came across a good deal on 20 4x8 purple boards the commercial stuff. any way I am looking for forward to this up coming season.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sheet rock?!?
    That sounds like... WORK!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by slick999 View Post
    I agree,was tempted to do the same thing yesterday,was 55 deg here.But we are suppose to get dumped on again today and tomorrow with 10 more inches of snow,4th noreaster.Will it ever end.Fed Ex delivering new windshield today,at least I can put it on and imagine.Come on summer.
    What shield are you going with?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmal View Post
    What shield are you going with?

I got one from 7JUROCK,went with a 22 inch dark tint with the flip which is a curved top.I liked their windshields because they cut the 2 openings like in the stock one instead of adding a vent.Havn't installed yet will try to post pics when I do.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by slick999 View Post
    I got one from 7JUROCK,went with a 22 inch dark tint with the flip which is a curved top.I liked their windshields because they cut the 2 openings like in the stock one instead of adding a vent.Havn't installed yet will try to post pics when I do.
    I had a recurve windshield on my Road King. worked really well. noticeable difference between the stock shield and the recurve. I've been looking for a shield with the recurve for my RTS.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default the recurve windshield

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    I had a recurve windshield on my Road King. worked really well. noticeable difference between the stock shield and the recurve. I've been looking for a shield with the recurve for my RTS.
    , I had one on my RSS , it was smaller than the OEM one on my RT but actually protected better ( imho ) . It was an F-4 but when it was made F-4 wasn't the same co. as it is now ...... Mike