Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    Our engines are designed to run on 10% ethanol, any more and hoses, gaskets, sensors, start to fail, period.
    And the sky is falling too.

I just read through my manual; '17 RT, and it does NOT say that E15 will be bad for your engine. It says to not use it because it is not Government approved....yet.

It does say to not use E85 and to NOT experiment with other concentrations.

So it appears to me that the newer models at least ARE designed to be used safely with E15.......if and when it becomes legally available.

My Toyota says E15 is fine, right on the gas cap.

Spyder Garage

Default Re Octane rating

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    It doesn't really matter - WHY you would want to do this. But I'm 99.99% certain that AV gas is a much higher Octane level.....In fact it's a lot higher than the Spyder is designed to be able to use....... So if it's NO benefit to use it in the Spyder because the Spyder is designed for 93 octane ( in current models ) why would a person want to double or triple the cost of the gas. The Spyder will burn it but so will a campfire and have about the same effect .................... just sayin ...... Mike
    According to Manual 87 minimum for 1330��
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-04-2022 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Fixed color display