Thread: Axle adjusters

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I just had the axle out this weekend and there was no hole...Kinda surprised me. I will try lube next time. I only had luck when I tightened it from the left side and just held the right nut stationary till really snug. Better to adjust the belt with weight on the wheel?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater View Post
    I just had the axle out this weekend and there was no hole...Kinda surprised me. I will try lube next time. I only had luck when I tightened it from the left side and just held the right nut stationary till really snug. Better to adjust the belt with weight on the wheel?
    I tightened mine up sitting on the ground, never moved.

Spyder Garage

Try lowering your tire back to the ground while the axle is still loose. That pushes the axle forward against the adjusters allowing you to tighten the axle easily. Finless Bob deserves credit for this hint. A little grease helps too.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

When I do axle adjustments I get the axle snug enough so it won't move easily, but still loose enough so the adjusters will pull it. You have to start with a 'Too Loose' condition. But if you are careful and don't over adjust the tensioners, it works great. The axle stays where you put it during adjustment. Then you lower the Spyder to the ground and tighten the axle nut the rest of the way.

I found that leaving the axle nut completely loose just invites the small amount of movement which throws everything off when you attempt to tighten the axle nut.

Works for me anyway!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...