Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT new or different

What are the improvements/changes to the 2018 RT that would make it a better buy
    over a 2017 RT? My curious pea brain is getting the better of me. Does the engine still
    sound like a box of rocks in a cement mixer?

DRay

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    What are the improvements/changes to the 2018 RT that would make it a better buy
    over a 2017 RT? My curious pea brain is getting the better of me. Does the engine still
    sound like a box of rocks in a cement mixer?

DRay

The he only difference that I can tell is the new digital dash system and it is nice but when you use the BRP connect feature it is quirky. The rest of the bike is the same except for a few items that have changed from locations ( electric brake etc).

cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since you obviously don't like the sound of the engine: your mind was made up before you posted anything...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default I agree w/Bob

If you don't like the engine - the Spyder isn't for you.

I like the sound - it purrs and doesn't shake and rattle you to death.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT new or different

Well, I had a 2015 F3S and now have a 2017 F3L and both engines are noisy and I
    was told that is the nature of the beast. In having a running discussion with a
    friend I ride with that has a 2014 RT and is considering getting one of the newer mentioned
    scoots I was/am curious about the difference between the two years. Naturally a 2017
    would be cheaper to purchase. So, based on the first reply, I assume that the new dash
    is the only real difference?
    In regards to the noisy motor, I do think they could have done a better job of building a quieter motor.
    I do love the way it runs. All things considered I should have kept the 2015. It was an absolute hotrod.
    I am going to go take a test ride on the 2018 Goldwing with the seven speed tranny. should be one heck
    of a road bike.

Thanks

Dray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The RT engines are quieter due to the bodywork...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

IMHO I would buy a 2017 it will be cheaper...I am sure you can get $6000 off a 2017 at this time (I did last year) now if you can wait I would only buy 2018 when all the new dash problems with connectivity and the apps start working better then and only then would I consider a 2018 ( I would wait for a 2019 model)

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

It looks like new, improved dash. Which they have not figured out yet. See current threads.

From a current thread on the improved dash...

"I'll bet BRP Cares will just refer you to your dealer. And you dealer has already admitted that they don't know what they're doing. Let us know how you make out. Good luck."

New improved prices.

I would be getting a 2017. 2019 or later for the new and improved version. I have come about 180 degrees since I started this in 2008.

For 30 grand--I expect them to be WOW from the get go.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-19-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red