Spyder Garage

Default CB Headset Settings

I recently purchased a 2012 RTS and am attempting to get the CB/Headsets working. Is there a way to have stereo audio output through the external speakers which using a driver headset? If I plug in the headset now I am getting audio out of both. Also how do you turn the VOX off. It seems like the audio is cutting out when I talk eventhough I don't have a passenger headset plugged in?

I have checked the owner's manual and found nothing other than the CB settings on the display.

TIA

Spyder Garage

Default CB adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by NascarGuy View Post
    I recently purchased a 2012 RTS and am attempting to get the CB/Headsets working. Is there a way to have stereo audio output through the external speakers which using a driver headset? If I plug in the headset now I am getting audio out of both. Also how do you turn the VOX off. It seems like the audio is cutting out when I talk eventhough I don't have a passenger headset plugged in?

I have checked the owner's manual and found nothing other than the CB settings on the display.

TIA

I have a 2014 RTS with a CB. On your multifunction gauge setup you should be able to adjust you VOX. Press the function button until you get to the CB portion. On that screen you will see four vertical lines that represent squelch, volume adjustment, intercom adjust and VOX adjust. Use arrow button to move over to VOX settings and then arrow up or down as needed. Hope this helps.
    2011 RT-S SE5 Viper Red
    2014 RT-S SE6 Cognac
    Bajaron sway bar w/ aluminum heims
    Custom Design HM Brake light
    Custom Design Red front fender lights with turn signals
    Lidlox
    Corbin arm rests
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is there a way to have stereo audio output through the external speakers which using a driver headset? If I plug in the headset now I am getting audio out of both.

Also how do you turn the VOX off. It seems like the audio is cutting out when I talk eventhough I don't have a passenger headset plugged in?

TIA
    Those settings are all you need but they aren't explained good enough.

It IS a tricky process to get everything set right.

Try running the VOX setting UP, which is the opposite of what you might think.

There is a setting under "audio" where you can turn the speakers OFF; that will not affect the headset.
    You can not turn the headset off.

P.S. Just noticed your "handle". Do you travel to nearby races ? I'll be going to Bristol and Richmond in a couple of weeks.......and more later.
    Last edited by Easy Rider; 03-19-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Spyder Garage

So it is sounding like there is no way to just have CB audio is headset and music audio coming out of the speakers if I am understanding correctly?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So it is sounding like there is no way to just have CB audio is headset and music audio coming out of the speakers if I am understanding correctly?
    Yes that is true.....but why would you want that ?

There is a setting to cut off the music automatically when the CB "talks" or to have them blended together......in the headset.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Yes that is true.....but why would you want that ?

There is a setting to cut off the music automatically when the CB "talks" or to have them blended together......in the headset.
    I do want the music to fade when the CB audio is active but prefer music coming out of the front and rear speakers when driving down the road. IMO the sound is better and I prefer to be able to head some of the ambient noise from cars, etc.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I do want the music to fade when the CB audio is active but prefer music coming out of the front and rear speakers when driving down the road. IMO the sound is better and I prefer to be able to head some of the ambient noise from cars, etc.
    Then leave the speakers ON along with the headset and maybe turn the radio volume down just a bit.
    That's about the best you can do.

I personally think that worrying about the "quality" of the radio sound when you also have road, wind and engine noise mixed in is a losing battle.
    I just shut the speakers OFF when I have my helmet on. Yes, helmet not required in Florida; one of the FEW things they got right.