Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't have an F3 but on our GS we have two windshields. The lower sport and the tall touring. With the touring one I experience more force on the handlebars from wind and buffeting round my helmet. With the lower sport one, the wind is off my chest but quietly flows around my head (full face helmet). I am sure the large screen acts more like a sail in some situations. I usually only use the tall screen only in winter 'cause it's warmer behind the bubble.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Don't have an F3 but on our GS we have two windshields. The lower sport and the tall touring. With the touring one I experience more force on the handlebars from wind and buffeting round my helmet. With the lower sport one, the wind is off my chest but quietly flows around my head (full face helmet). I am sure the large screen acts more like a sail in some situations. I usually only use the tall screen only in winter 'cause it's warmer behind the bubble.
    That is exactly what I was trying to determine, however, everyone has their own take...

Spyder Garage

I have a 21" tall boy BRP windscreen. That is what was on my 17L when I got it. I had them give me the original Short one and have not tried it on but did think about getting a F4 screen. At the time I was using a 3/4 helmet. It felt like the buffeting was worse and the front of the helmet caught lots of wind especially when I was headed into a cross wind. I instead went to a modular helmet and feel more comfortable with that combination. I did not want to ruin the look of the Spyder with a shield that did a better job but looked oversized. For me I liked the look if the Tall boy. The modular helmet made my head more areodynamic and quieter for communications. The point im trying to make is to be minimal without sacrificing comfort, sometimes it is the combination of Screen and lid.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post

Comparing the F-3 with a GS is like comparing apples to oranges, there is a large amount of differences between the two.

The F-3 is much more streamlined.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmal View Post
    Pete, is you ride more stable and more enjoyable with the 25” screen?
    It certainly is, FOR ME, Jeffmal.....but don’t forget, I’m 6’7”, so the stock screen had the wind hitting me in the chest and head. I had to stop several times on the 3 hour freeway trip home from the dealer to screw my head back on.......and I think I am STILL a screw loose .

For me, a screen that sits around top lip level works perfectly on the backroads and freeway. The wind is directed into the vent on the top/front of my Shoei (smoothly). I notice SOME buffeting of the bike itself from trucks, but the tall screen has certainly NOT made the buffeting worse. I probably feel a little less buffeting with the taller F4, but that is just gut feel and can’t be measured.

The problem is, everyone is a different shape and has different key drivers. What one person loves, another person hates. All I can say categorically is that the tall F4 has improved my ride experience significantly over the stock F3-L screen. Good luck making your call.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Had similar on my RT. Got the BRP vented shield. Not only fixed my apparent issue, also smoothed out W’s ride on the back.
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Get a vent

Quote Originally Posted by jnt View Post
    Had similar on my RT. Got the BRP vented shield. Not only fixed my apparent issue, also smoothed out W’s ride on the back.

Get a vent. Either in a new shield or add to your existing shield. But get a vent. A vent enlarges the still bubble behind any shield---- moving the turbulence up and behind you.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I have the F-4 25" clear windshield with a vent, i can see thru my windshield and occasionally if i sit up straight i can see over it, i wear a 1/2 helmet because of the light weight.

I highly recommend the F-4 windshield it is very stable and easy to keep clean and pretty scratch resistant

The windshield causes less buffeting by traffic than a smaller windshield does.

This was what i had on my 2016 F-3 Limited and what I currently have on my 2018 F-3 Limited.

It also reduces the helmet buffeting on my passenger and gives her a smoother ride.

It helps me to hear my radio and GPS better also.

Cruzr Joe
    Joe , how tall are you? I’m trying to figure out height of shield.

Spyder Garage

Joe , how tall are you? I’m trying to figure out height of shield.
    Jeffmal, while you are waiting for Joe, why don’t you hop onto the F4 site. There are all sorts of helpful videos and advice there on how to source the correct height shield.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default I took the plunge...

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Jeffmal, while you are waiting for Joe, why don’t you hop onto the F4 site. There are all sorts of helpful videos and advice there on how to source the correct height shield.

Pete
    I went ahead and ordered the f4 customs 23” vented screen today. Looking forward to getting it next week and checking it out! I spoke with Don and he was very helpful!!

Spyder Garage

I went ahead and ordered the f4 customs 23” vented screen today. Looking forward to getting it next week and checking it out! I spoke with Don and he was very helpful!!
    OH NOOOOOOOO. You got the 23” F4? They cause really bad buffeting from trucks !

Just Joking Hope it works well for you. Mine certainly does

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default I went from

the Tall Boy BRP windshield to an F4 23" on my F3T. I am 6'2" and with it on I look just over the top of the windshield. The wind is deflected over the top of my helmet (Bell 3/4 with visor) and I notice very little buffeting from the wind. I have not noticed any difference in handling of the Spyder with either windshield. I chose the F4 because I wanted less wind on me.

Just works better for me. Each person is different so get what works best for you.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    OH NOOOOOOOO. You got the 23” F4? They cause really bad buffeting from trucks !

Just Joking Hope it works well for you. Mine certainly does

Pete
    Thanks for the support Pete...
    Don said he could always cut it down a little if it is too high, we'll see.