Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster highway brackets on 2013 rt-s sm5

Followed the YouTube video on the right side ......went on as described.....left side...not....
    any info will be appreciated.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
    Followed the YouTube video on the right side ......went on as described.....left side...not....
    any info will be appreciated.
    What kind of problems are you having? Which Lamonster highway brackets? If it's the NBV ones, IIRC, the left side is just the mirror of the right side. It's been two years since I put them on my 2014 RTS and that was the same procedure as when I put them on my 2013 RT. I did have to take the inside panel off of the water deflectors to make them fit good.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    What kind of problems are you having? Which Lamonster highway brackets? If it's the NBV ones, IIRC, the left side is just the mirror of the right side. It's been two years since I put them on my 2014 RTS and that was the same procedure as when I put them on my 2013 RT. I did have to take the inside panel off of the water deflectors to make them fit good.
    yes...its the nbv just like in the youtube video and same model/yr bike.....but video only showed right side...... it seemed like the panel that wraps around the bottom was preventing a good fit.....the right side doesn't have the same lower panel....maybe it was just getting dark and couldn't see the correct holes..will try in the daylight. the inside panel you mention...removed totally?

Spyder Garage

IMG_0267.jpgIMG_0268.jpg[QUO=IdahoMtnSpyder;1344387]What kind of problems are you having? Which Lamonster highway brackets? If it's the NBV ones, IIRC, the left side is just the mirror of the right side. It's been two years since I put them on my 2014 RTS and that was the same procedure as when I put them on my 2013 RT. I did have to take the inside panel off of the water deflectors to make them fit good.[/QUOTE]

right side was no problem.....what am I missing on getting around this lower panel?

Spyder Garage

IMG_0271.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
    IMG_0267.jpgIMG_0268.jpg[QUO=IdahoMtnSpyder;1344387]What kind of problems are you having? Which Lamonster highway brackets? If it's the NBV ones, IIRC, the left side is just the mirror of the right side. It's been two years since I put them on my 2014 RTS and that was the same procedure as when I put them on my 2013 RT. I did have to take the inside panel off of the water deflectors to make them fit good.
    right side was no problem.....what am I missing on getting around this lower panel?[/QUOTE]
    With the lower end of the bracket like the right...the angle piece at the top...it looks like the bar isn't long enough to put the small angled piece above the panel....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

am I seeing the same side lower mounting bracket on both sides??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    Supposed to be a right and left....ill go back to the video and confirm I got at least the right correct

looked at the video...right side is correct....getting a lot of practice taking panels off however.
    Last edited by Tatonka; 03-18-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

LEFT PEG MOUNT (2).JPGLEFT PEG MOUNT.JPGRIGHT PEG MOUNT.JPG

LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT

This is how they mounted up on my 2012 RTS.

Spyder Garage

LEFT PEG MOUNT (2).JPGLEFT PEG MOUNT.JPGRIGHT PEG MOUNT.JPG

LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT

This is how they mounted up on my 2012 RTS.
    on the left side....did it have a lower panel that wrapped around unlike the right which is open?
    if so, how did you mount the lower connection?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

same plastic shields on both sides. been a couple yrs since I put them on but i'm pretty sure they mounted up the same way.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Does this help?

NBV mount left side.jpg

As for the inner panels of the splash guards, yes I left them off permanently.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

As I'm told confession is good for the soul....I'd like to thank Jacob @ Lamonster for showing me the error of my ways....seems I removed both tabs on the left lower panel and was trying to mount the bracket under it....Duh!
    its fairly straight forward when done correctly 😳