Spyder Garage

Default BRP Automatic rear air suspention kit

So first off I, with great regret and sadness, do not own a spyder. Yet! But as I was going through the build and price thing on the BRP site, one of the options was the automatic rear air suspention kit for the F3. I was just curious if it would be worth it to get it when I do make my final choices. Thank you for the input.
    2022 Ryker 600 , Yellow panels (at the moment)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you prefer to NOT have to fool with the rear suspension settings: yes!
    I added the ACS to my 2010 RT A&C, and it came standard on my 2014 RT-L
    The new bikes have it set up to be completed autonomous: there's no need to EVER touch it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I think if your one to haul a trailer now and then, the answer would be yes. My feelings on my RTL, if I have problems with my pump or what not I will hook it up to manually adjust it and forget it. If I take a long trip and haul more than normal , pump it up some, then lower it when I get home. I haven't had any troubles with it so far but a lot of people on here have. As far as ride quality, I think you could get a better ride with a nice after market adjustable shock. Even on my snowmobiles once I have it dialed in I don't mess with after that for the most part. After owning the system I think I would save the money for after market IMO!! Good luck!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

None of the trailer weight is carried by the rear suspension: the hitch is attached to the swingarm.

Spyder Garage

One of the major and decisive selling points for us, when we bought our 2017 F3L, was the fact that it came already equipped with automated rear suspension, along with the added rear top case and integrated passenger back rest. We wanted something that would provide great two-up riding potential in comfort and safety. We started out thinking that would be an RTL Spyder, but my hips just never felt comfortable in the RT seat/riding position ergonomics. Then, my missus said that she preferred the rear seating of the F3L to that of the RTL, and also liked being on the slightly smaller bike. It is very much a matter of personal preference and seating comfort which Spyder ergonomics (F3 or RT) you eventually choose. When it then comes to deciding which features to have or not have, and how much you can afford to build in to your chosen bike platform, that's for your wallet to decide, but our year of riding experience would suggest that you will be very happy with the automated rear suspension - no need to play around with it, since it takes care of itself. Our ryding, whether solo or two-up, has been carefree and always enjoyable and comfortable. The automated rear suspension and rear top case of the F3L place it on the most equivalent level of comparison to the RTL, as far as features go; the true difference then comes down to a choice between ergonomics. If you are thinking of doing any amount of two-up ryding on an F3 platform, I would encourage you to go with the automated rear suspension, and seriously consider the F3L, if you can afford it. It is a very able and totally fun machine.
    Last edited by bushrat; 03-18-2018 at 09:52 AM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default My .02 cents

From the vast comments about this ( over the years ) about the Auto system ...... it fails a lot ...... The Manual one has a much better track record, because maybe it's a lot simpler .......... On the auto one the motor dies an early death because the computer tells it to make an adjustment constantly. Any motor has useful life - the more you use it the quicker it dies ...... my RT has a Manual FILL, in the past 36,000 + miles I may have added or reduced Pressure about three dozen times. Not exactly a chore all things considered ......But some folks need EVERY possible thing done for them automatically ..... and you have to pay for that one way or the other ............ A few years ago BRP equipped the RT with an Electric Frunk opening latch ... Well they don't anymore because it failed a lot and left folks un-able to open the Frunk ........ jmho ..... good luck ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-18-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Spyder Garage

I switched my RTL to manual adjustment and never had another problem. Easy to adjust and trouble free. I changed my buddys RTL when his also failed and he only needs to check it once a year. Like last post too much automatic BS to fail.
    Roger
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    A few years ago BRP equipped the RT with an Electric Frunk opening latch ... Well they don't anymore because it failed a lot and left folks un-able to open the Frunk ........ jmho ..... good luck ..... Mike
    Sorry Mike: they removed the remote power Frunklid popper; because folks were accidentally releasing their parking brakes, and the bikes were rolling away...
    There were a fair amount of complaints made to NHTSA about it...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Sorry Mike: they removed the remote power Frunklid popper; because folks were accidentally releasing their parking brakes, and the bikes were rolling away...
    There were a fair amount of complaints made to NHTSA about it...
    Hey Bob, so what about the rest of what he said, is that true or what? Some times you get to be a negative Nelly!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"because it failed a lot"...
    There's nothing quantitative in that comment; that can be confirmed or denied.
    There's a micro-switch in the assembly that is easily bent. Straightening the arm on it gets you back up and running in no time!
    If he's including those "Self-induced" failures in his statement (which I doubt....); then I would have to disagree.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    "because it failed a lot"...
    There's nothing quantitative in that comment; that can be confirmed or denied.
    There's a micro-switch in the assembly that is easily bent. Straightening the arm on it gets you back up and running in no time!
    If he's including those "Self-induced" failures in his statement (which I doubt....); then I would have to disagree.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    From the vast comments about this ( over the years ) about the Auto system ...... it fails a lot ...... The Manual one has a much better track record, because maybe it's a lot simpler .......... On the auto one the motor dies an early death because the computer tells it to make an adjustment constantly. Any motor has useful life - the more you use it the quicker it dies ...... my RT has a Manual FILL, in the past 36,000 + miles I may have added or reduced Pressure about three dozen times. Not exactly a chore all things considered ......But some folks need EVERY possible thing done for them automatically ..... and you have to pay for that one way or the other ............ A few years ago BRP equipped the RT with an Electric Frunk opening latch ... Well they don't anymore because it failed a lot and left folks un-able to open the Frunk ........ jmho ..... good luck ..... Mike
    Many, many people with the manual system are riding around with zero air in it because they either didn’t know they have to fill it, or because they never check it. When we do alignments Joe jacks up the rear so we can check the belt, and if he can’t get the jack under it we check for air in the rear bag. We find lots of them empty and the owner totally unaware of the compressor or bag failure. Dealers also do a bad job of informing new owners about the need to add air in the manual systems. They also tend to not add air at the initial setup

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622