Spyder Garage

Default Open indicator switch on the top box

Anyone else having issues with this switch? I gave up today and just put a small tie wrap on it to keep the switch closed.
    Pat
    SIGPIC]2

2016 F3T Lamonster RIP boards, fog lights, Longhorn mirror lights, power plate. SpyderPops skid plate. Painted the silver air intake and grill.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP "Service Bulletin", check with dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Clark View Post
    Anyone else having issues with this switch? I gave up today and just put a small tie wrap on it to keep the switch closed.
    Pat

I think they add a shim to improve mechanical contact

Spyder Garage

I had problems with that switch from day one. First time they just squirted some lube on it. I did find out that the left side of the lid needs to line up onto the slot or it wont close properly but even then I need to give it a firm press down to keep it from kicking off the warning.
    Whats this about adding a shim? And how do I do that?
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default 'Spank it'

The 'open/closed' indicator light and the top case latch itself are a big PITA on my 2017 F3L. Often have issues in closing properly, then in making sure warning light stays off. Seems to be a common problem, as noted here. Some have used a shim or piece of tape to improve contact between the points. Haven't yet done that on our bike, but we do find that very firmly closing the lid is necessary, and I often give the lid an additional firm slap or 'spank', which seems to be sufficient.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Proper closing of these lids are like a seat install. There are plastic prongs on the hinge side facing the front of the Spyder on each side. If either one of these prongs do not go into the slot when you close the lid, It will distort the fitment of the hinge side and allow wind and rain into the box from the front. most people only look on the latch side or the back. As you close the lid, watch the front side first so it is properly aligned and seated, then press the back down firmly till it clicks and then you can use the key to lock it.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Just Me

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Clark View Post
    Pat
    I removed my switch. I don't have a switch on the side bags and everything works.

Spyder Garage

Default Open indicator switch

There is a tech service bulletin out for the switch to add a shim. The dealer should do it for no charge.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gvcntx View Post
    I removed my switch. I don't have a switch on the side bags and everything works.
    I did the same thing works fine.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights